Kona Blue '11 GT + 60 hours paint prep + Zymol Vintage

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
$2,000 isn't the most expensive wax by any means. I'm starting to think Kuro rubbed off on you and you've got trollitis. Just leave the poor guy's thread alone.

Easy champ, I've never seen this wax before I really didn't know they made wax that expensive and I can't understand why nor will I get into why in this thread, no need to get sassy.

It definitely takes a certain dedication to invest that much into auto products and it's their money.
but when I first found out (in this thread) I was kind of in shock hence the comments.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Easy champ, I've never seen this wax before I really didn't know they made wax that expensive and I can't understand why nor will I get into why in this thread, no need to get sassy.

It definitely takes a certain dedication to invest that much into auto products and it's their money.
but when I first found out (in this thread) I was kind of in shock hence the comments.

Definitely not trying to rationalize it to you, but if you break down the costs and enjoy showing your car as much as I do, here is how I came to terms with my purchase.

For $2000 you get 22oz of Zymol Vintage, which has been heralded as a fairly superior wax to pretty much anything on the market. People have been paying as much as $400 for 6oz of it (no refill editions).

For this $2000 my container (a crystal jar) is refillable for my life, and can be willed to anyone upon my death. So when I go through the 22oz of wax, I clean out the container, send it back to Zymol, they refill it, and send it back to me full again.

At the rate I go, it comes out to around $50 a container for me. So tell me, if you were to say buy a jar of pinnacle Souveran (8oz for $80) at the rate I go through wax, you would end up spending more money on a wax that is far inferior to Vintage.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I guess that makese sense in the long run, maybe the fact that the wax can be passed down through the family etc.. lol I don't doubt it's most likely the best stuff to use, just the sticker shock to me.
now this $50,000 wax I've seen after googling that's something special LOL

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/zymolsolaris.html

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I guess that makese sense in the long run, maybe the fact that the wax can be passed down through the family etc.. lol I don't doubt it's most likely the best stuff to use, just the sticker shock to me.
now this $50,000 wax I've seen after googling that's something special LOL

http://www.autosupermart.com/store/shop/zymolsolaris.html

Same company, but it went up in price. 2 years ago, that was only $30,000 ;) Honestly, I highly recommend people start out slow with the Zymol waxes. Maybe buy a $60 jar of Zymol Carbon, or a $100 jar of Glasur. Work your way up to a $200 of Concours. You definitely notice a huge difference between the high end waxes vs the sub $100 boutiques. Just how the water beads and sheets off the paint, how long it lasts. How wet and deep the finish is.

Swissvax is another brand to look at too. Both make excellent products.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
this thread is a real eye opener to what's out there.

Seer - too bad you are so far west in PA.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
he can drive to you or you to him.

Paint looks great, but i personally couldnt justify it when you can get results like this with zaino

blacktalg.jpg

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
he can drive to you or you to him.

Paint looks great, but i personally couldnt justify it when you can get results like this with zaino

blacktalg.jpg

Zaino is a good protector, but it lacks depth. It also looks like every other sealant out there.

A lot of guys put on a coat or so of zaino then stack on some coats of carnauba to get warmth.

Ask Sal Zaino how many concours d'elegance's zaino'd cars have won :D Sealants just do not win shows. Please don't take this as me bashing zaino, it's just a matter of how things have went. It's a great product, but a lot of people call it the "Bose" of car care. Gets good results, mildly overpriced, but easy to use, and has great marketing behind it. Most zaino users who venture into the sealant+carnauba combo end up loving it.

this thread is a real eye opener to what's out there.

Seer - too bad you are so far west in PA.

Make a weekend out of it!

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Make a weekend out of it!
LOL - Ron said the same thing. It's 425 miles each way for me, just not practical - even with all the drool.

:beer:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Meguiars gold class $13 LOL
34941_1547875141187_1364325455_1486494_192299_n.jpg

35182_1547874421169_1364325455_1486492_2063487_n.jpg

Last edited:

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
No I didn't own two lambos and a Ferrari, just detailed them. I did own a show winning widebody NSX and for that I used my mix.

So if you get refills for life, let's have a detail day at your place lol

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
you do realize every clean car looks nearly the same in pictures on the internet :D

Most of the finish in my car comes from the hours or wet sanding, and paint prep. The extra 10% is set off by the wax.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Gotcha bro, but that meguiars came out pretty damn good that day.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Gotcha bro, but that meguiars came out pretty damn good that day.

Whats funny is, Meguiars and Zymol are attributed for the most Concours wins out of any wax maker.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
So Seer, the Zymol and Swissvax. Are they easy on, easy off? I like the appearance of the Adam's Americana but I just can't get over how annoying removal was.

Not sassy at all. I just didn't want this thread to take the road that so many threads have went down lately. It's really irked me lately the people who get so bent on bashing people for spending money on what they see fit. Not claiming that's where you were going but just didn't want to see it go down that road. :thumb:

you do realize every clean car looks nearly the same in pictures on the internet :D

Amen. My 'old' photos of my car looked like it was pretty damn wet. Yet it was horrible by our standards. Now that it's detailed you can tell a difference in the photos but you would never be able to tell the 95%+ correction that I achieved. It could of only been corrected 60% and you would still probably see the same effect in the photos.

Whats funny is, Meguiars and Zymol are attributed for the most Concours wins out of any wax maker.

That is pretty funny. LOL

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Not saying you are but it would be for me :) and I don't have any either yet lol. But seriously, does Meguiars have a high end line??

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Not saying you are but it would be for me :) and I don't have any either yet lol. But seriously, does Meguiars have a high end line??

No, they do not. They just win a lot of concours because Barry Meguiar is a suck up lol. Zymol has the most Concours wins, followed by Meguiars, then Swissvax.

So Seer, the Zymol and Swissvax. Are they easy on, easy off? I like the appearance of the Adam's Americana but I just can't get over how annoying removal was.

Zymol usually has a deeper/wetter look. Swissvax typically looks crisper in their product lines. A lot of people say the swissvax line has similar recipes to the Zymol line, cept the Swissvax is a "harder" wax. Where as the Zymols have more of a creme consistancy to them. If you're in low humidity, removal is not hard on either one. I've found using multiple microfibers works best, and to always turn them and fold.

Sites like Detailingbliss and Autopia go into depth in discussion on the differences between the high end waxes. Vintage is the best bang for your buck, where as Swissvax Divine has been heralded as the most expensive wax, at $2500 and no refills.

Some say Swissvax Divine is more appealing than Vintage. I have seen a few cars done up in Divine, and they did look amazing. It was a new Black M3 with a custom paint job, that was so damn deep you could get lost in it forever.

Last edited by a moderator:

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
mmmm I need to drive down to PA and get me some of that LOL

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back