Kona Blue '11 GT + 60 hours paint prep + Zymol Vintage

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So what stops someone from getting a refill, dumping the wax out, sending it in?

In the agreement, they specify about resale etc.

It's really difficult for them to prove, and I am sure people take advantage of it. Although I remember reading a post about a former Zymol chemist, and he alluded that it only costs them about $7, not including labor (industry average for an 8oz jar of other waxes is around $1.25) to make a jar of vintage. So you can imagine the profits from it.

There was a guy a few years ago on autopia, taking his vintage, scooping it out into 4oz containers and selling it on ebay for like $450 a pop, and selling tons of it. I heard he eventually lost his refill rights.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So what stops someone from getting a refill, dumping the wax out, sending it in?

I would guess if you were sending it back every week or two they might get suspicious.

Seer - is there any stipulation about commercial use?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I would guess if you were sending it back every week or two they might get suspicious.

Seer - is there any stipulation about commercial use?

No, as I've seen many detailers who use it. Although I believe they need to sign a detailer agreement.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Any difference with the detailer agreement?

i'd have to look it up, as when I registered it was for personal use.

i know Jay Leno has a tub of Royale, and his personal detailer stated on autopia, he is just registered for personal use, for his hundreds of cars lol.

Theres a guy right now, selling "free samples" of Vintage. But shipping is $300. Thats one way to get around it.

Edit: Found it. Detailers using estate glazes yearly renewal fees are $10,000/yr.

Which is not truly a bad deal, considering the lowest detailer one can find, normally charges over $500 for a full paint correction and a coat or two of Vintage. Business writeoff for sure, as there are a good bit of concours detailers who make over $250,000/yr. Paul Dalton, obviously being the most famous, although his personal formulation is now through Swissvax.

Last edited:

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Wow, you learn something new everyday. I've never dug deep into the car detailing realm and didn't realize how expensive.
A little off topic but seeing how expensive they are and how much it actually costs to make has me wonder why the government has never been involved. Price gouging first comes to mind, then monopoly.

Your car looks beautiful, I'm gonna have to get my read-on.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Wow, you learn something new everyday. I've never dug deep into the car detailing realm and didn't realize how expensive.
A little off topic but seeing how expensive they are and how much it actually costs to make has me wonder why the government has never been involved. Price gouging first comes to mind, then monopoly.

Your car looks beautiful, I'm gonna have to get my read-on.

Government can't set prices on an unregulated product. Car wax is not a publically traded commodity. Zymol/Swissvax are also foreign companies, so the product is subject to importation regulations.

They are just two of many high end wax makers, so no real monopoly.

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Amazing work.

I hope to be that good someday myself.

I am amazing at how much time and effort you put into your car. Truly amazing. I still want to open a detailing business, however, there are too many in my area, so way too much competition.

Detailing for me is a passion. I love doing it, and rarely get tired of doing it.

Again, AMAZING WORK.

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks amazing.Seems like a lot for wax but in the long run I guess it makes enough sense.When I saw the link to the 50,000 dollar wax,,I'm not gonna lie I spit Mt dew all over my keyboard...LOL.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Plenty of improvement to hitting a new car with wet sanding. Get rid of the excessive clear coat that becomes orange peel

mpf

forum member
Reaction score
Plenty of improvement to hitting a new car with wet sanding. Get rid of the excessive clear coat that becomes orange peel
I definitely believe that, it's a job I wouldn't try to tackle though.
You think a rubbing compound only, would make a big difference?

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Wanna send me a sample for the cost of ACTUAL shipping?? lol :0) I've detailed cars professionally for 4 or 5 years when I was in my late teens, early 20s. Found more money in building the rigs than detailing, but i gotta see what a $2,000 wax does someday!!!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Wanna send me a sample for the cost of ACTUAL shipping?? lol :0) I've detailed cars professionally for 4 or 5 years when I was in my late teens, early 20s. Found more money in building the rigs than detailing, but i gotta see what a $2,000 wax does someday!!!

Sure I think for some odd reason USPS is charging for $200 for 2oz ;)

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
A $2000 can of wax better come with a trained leprechaun to apply it while I watch my car get shiny.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back