Kona Blue '11 GT + 60 hours paint prep + Zymol Vintage

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A $2000 can of wax better come with a trained leprechaun to apply it while I watch my car get shiny.

did you read the entire thread?

it's a lifetime supply.......:crazy: still a big number but if you amortize it over say 20 years = $100 a year, over 30 years $67 and over 40 years = just $50 a year.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

it's a lifetime supply.......:crazy: still a big number but if you amortize it over say 20 years = $100 a year, over 30 years $67 and over 40 years = just $50 a year.

I'm glad someone gets it! It's for a wax superior to most others too :D

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm good with numbers.......... :crazy:

now if you want to send me some to try on the Shelby..... :poke:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
$2000 for a wax!? It better come with an army of midgets that apply it with their feet.

We've moved on from how absurd that sounds. Were now in the acceptance stage and were moving into the heckling for some freebies stage

You're a okay guy. :thumb2: :roflmao:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score

I did read it and I still think for $2000, it should come with the leprechaun. Realistically, it's only supplied for the lifetime of the company. There's no guarantee the company won't tank or be merged or acquired otherwise--yes, I know they are a big name and likely won't tank, but you never know.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't sound worth it to me. I was making more of a joke than anything. I fully understand that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. In this case, it seems many do pay for it so good for them--I am jealous that I cannot afford things like this but I in no way berating or being condescending about it.

Let's get to the heart of the issue though...free samples? :boobies:

PS: What if you lose the container itself? And/or the receipt?

I'm good with numbers.......... :crazy:

now if you want to send me some to try on the Shelby..... :poke:

Everyone knows that white cars don't show off the wax as well as darker colors.

The obvious and logical way to go about this is to send free samples to NastyStang and me, since we both have black cars :boobies:

edit: crap...can i delete a post or merge them?

Last edited by a moderator:

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
Looks absolutely beautiful.
I wetsanded the front bumper on my car after driving it across country and the paint came off around the turn signal lights... must be extremely thin there, because everything else came out fine.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I did read it and I still think for $2000, it should come with the leprechaun. Realistically, it's only supplied for the lifetime of the company. There's no guarantee the company won't tank or be merged or acquired otherwise--yes, I know they are a big name and likely won't tank, but you never know.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't sound worth it to me. I was making more of a joke than anything. I fully understand that something is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. In this case, it seems many do pay for it so good for them--I am jealous that I cannot afford things like this but I in no way berating or being condescending about it.

Let's get to the heart of the issue though...free samples? :boobies:

PS: What if you lose the container itself? And/or the receipt?

Everyone knows that white cars don't show off the wax as well as darker colors.

The obvious and logical way to go about this is to send free samples to NastyStang and me, since we both have black cars :boobies:

edit: crap...can i delete a post or merge them?

Zymol has been around for many many many years, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

If I lose the container? It's somewhat difficult to lose a big hulking crystal, but if I did, my information is on file.

Looks absolutely beautiful.
I wetsanded the front bumper on my car after driving it across country and the paint came off around the turn signal lights... must be extremely thin there, because everything else came out fine.

Should always measure your paint thickness

Last edited:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Zymol has been around for many many many years, they aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

If I lose the container? It's somewhat difficult to lose a big hulking crystal, but if I did, my information is on file.

I know, I was just being facetious.

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
Yup, corners are always an area of caution when wet sanding or sanding anything for that matter.
Yeah lesson learned for me. And I don't have anything to measure paint thickness but I figured It would be fine since its new car. And that's what I get for assuming lol.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Yeah lesson learned for me. And I don't have anything to measure paint thickness but I figured It would be fine since its new car. And that's what I get for assuming lol.

Ouch! My painter didn't even want to wetsand my car and he's an awesome painter. So I abandoned that idea.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Eyegasm...

On my old Tahoes on its bi-annual intensive detail I'd spend maybe 20-30 hours on paint prep....How meticulous must you be for it to drag on to 60 hours for a car with maybe 2/3's the surface area??? And what do you do for a living that affords you that much free time? I'm quite interested haha. Looks great though, I trip out on something as little as road dust, cant imagine how protective i'd be on a car with that much invested.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Eyegasm...

On my old Tahoes on its bi-annual intensive detail I'd spend maybe 20-30 hours on paint prep....How meticulous must you be for it to drag on to 60 hours for a car with maybe 2/3's the surface area??? And what do you do for a living that affords you that much free time? I'm quite interested haha. Looks great though, I trip out on something as little as road dust, cant imagine how protective i'd be on a car with that much invested.

I have a regular professional job with a standard 50 or so hour work week. Just come home, work on it some in the evening, then use the weekend for the bulk of the work.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
Props to ya, in between are there times you need to drive her without any paint protection? eg, you just compounded the paint and haven't thrown a sealant/wax on?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Props to ya, in between are there times you need to drive her without any paint protection? eg, you just compounded the paint and haven't thrown a sealant/wax on?

quick coat of sealant thrown on, then it just gets stripped off when I go back to polish / sand

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back