Learning to make fast go fast!

travelers

Reaction score
I have not asked. He supports what I ask sence he knows I won't hold him responsible for what I ask.

I'm leaning towards the 3.4 at 6500 rpm a after seeing the boost ramp looking like a twin screw. I am starting it with the 3.9, but only for initial testing.

I just realized that the 3.9 would be slower spinning then the 3.4....... Brain fart. it's been a crazy day..

Department Of Boost

Alpha Geek
Reaction score
Pour the coal to it!!!:clap:

dh_708079892ax_07aug2011.jpg

46addict

Reaction score
Billy what weight oil are you using with those clearances? Are they about the same as the previous builds or did they change?

Best of luck to you. Hope this one lasts you hundreds of passes.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Pour the coal to it!!!:clap:

dh_708079892ax_07aug2011.jpg

Haha

Billy what weight oil are you using with those clearances? Are they about the same as the previous builds or did they change?

Best of luck to you. Hope this one lasts you hundreds of passes.

Same as previous, I look for .0025 and run 10w40 with vct locked. I do prime the motor with 5w30 for the initial start up though. Once the motor has been ran some in the garage and all is well, I swap to the 10w40 and hit the road.

..I've been waiting to hear the roar of that engine start up!!!...

The roar has a hiccup. I need to check the wiring and connection to the COPs on bank one. It's running rough.

With a stock stroke I'd think you'd be able to/want to turn more rpm. 7500<6500

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Well that's why I was asking, I was thinking the same thing, but I can see almost instant 24 psi with the 3.4 pulley, but have to lower the rpms to not over spin the blower to much. A few pages back I gave a shot of the boost ramp on the 3.4 and it looks like a twin screw instead of a Procharger.

Last edited:

Marble

forum member
Reaction score
So question on your intake. I think you said it was a one off at one time. But I think there are a few companies that make similar intakes. Do you have any before or after info? Trying to see the pros/cons of those intakes.

Enjoying all off the updates. I've been reading through most of the thread and have soaked up quite a bit.

Thank you.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
So question on your intake. I think you said it was a one off at one time. But I think there are a few companies that make similar intakes. Do you have any before or after info? Trying to see the pros/cons of those intakes.

Enjoying all off the updates. I've been reading through most of the thread and have soaked up quite a bit.

Thank you.

It's not a one off, it was made by JPC. They made them for a short time and stopped. They are kind of rare these days. From time to time I see one for sale but not very often. I don't have any before and after data though. There was one sold one here not that long ago, you may search and contact the new owner to see if he has any info like that yet.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Only difference is mine is this sheet metal version and that one is the cast version. I might be mistaken but I think the sheet metal version is larger.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
For sure, looking good man! Can't wait to see how the stock stroke SB works out.. best of luck to you!
I fired it and had another broken wire on #8. After I repaired it the car is running well. I will put some miles on it Saturday and get the rings seated.

On a side note, my kids car ate a follower last night and damaged the cam lobe. I am looking for a set of 127550 cams now if anyone has some they wat to get rid of.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I fired it and had another broken wire on #8. After I repaired it the car is running well. I will put some miles on it Saturday and get the rings seated.

On a side note, my kids car ate a follower last night and damaged the cam lobe. I am looking for a set of 127550 cams now if anyone has some they wat to get rid of.

Sorry to hear the cams took a hit on your son's car :(

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back