LED License plate light and LED reverse light problem

torch_red_chavezgt

Reaction score
Ive been trying to put an LED license plate bulb for the longest but it just flickers once then turns off again when i turn the lights on. Same with the reverse LED bulbs. Wondering if its a fuse or something. Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

AK83

forum member
Reaction score
Ive been trying to put an LED license plate bulb for the longest but it just flickers once then turns off again when i turn the lights on. Same with the reverse LED bulbs. Wondering if its a fuse or something. Any info/advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Exact same thing happened to me, put in a relay and it works fine now.

erat

forum member
Reaction score
The vendor I purchased mine from states that they may flicker without the use of a resistor.

Cal26Stang

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with my LED reverse lights and license plate bulbs, except when the reverse lights come unplugged...it's a PITA to find ones that fit my sequential harness

AK83

forum member
Reaction score
I've never had any issues with my LED reverse lights and license plate bulbs, except when the reverse lights come unplugged...it's a PITA to find ones that fit my sequential harness

Apparently it's completely random, in my friends Mustang we just plugged it in and it worked, in my Mustang it required a relay.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
I got some from SDMustangAccessories and it seems like its a hit or miss. Mine dont flicker or anything but it states that you may need to add a resistor if it does.

95five-0

forum member
Reaction score
I got the reverse leds and they work fine in my factory harness but wouldn't work in my sequential lights.

torch_red_chavezgt

Reaction score
thanks guys for all your input. turns out i needed a resistor. put on two resistors for the reverse leds and one for the license plate light.

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
I purchased my original LED's off Ebay from China for next to nothing....and they sucked bad. I am now running a set I paid a lot more for from a forum vendor SDMustangAccessories and they work great.

Darin

forum member
Reaction score

torch_red_chavezgt

Reaction score
I already have license plate and interior leds and they all flicker. Just looking for a easy fix but I don't want to add reverse lights to that list.

Heres a pic that shows where the resistor is connected too when you take the license plate bulb off. Theres only two wires and you connect each end of the resistor on one wire.

Attachments

• 20130221_124149.jpg
    20130221_124149.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 45

silverstang23

forum member
Reaction score
I already have license plate and interior leds and they all flicker. Just looking for a easy fix but I don't want to add reverse lights to that list.

You need resistors for all LED lights. If you buy cheap lights they probably aren't built in. Just go to an electronics store and buy one resistor for each bulb and split it in to the negative and positive wire. Lethal sells (or until a week or so ago) LED kits with resistors that don't flicker

Lupo222

forum member
Reaction score
Is there a reason why my LEDs when I try to put in the reverse lights, don't come on at all, and when I replace the regular bulb, that doesn't work either (just on the light i removed and put the LED in). If I reset the battery, they work fine (only the Halogen).

Is that what the resistor would fix??

JGT

Reaction score
i got mine from hidguy and had no problems at all. but the only issue had is with my interior trunk light. for whatever reason, it doesnt light up. does anyone else have this problem?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back