let my neighbor kid take the car down the track

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
My neighbor has been going to the track with me for 5 years (I'm more like a dad to him than his dad is). He has been begging me to drive the car since he got his license. I told him nobody but me drives the car. Well, for his graduation I decided to surprise him and let him take the car down the track. We did a run with me driving then a run with me in the passenger seat then I let him go solo. Here is a vid of the run. Other than hitting the rev limiter on the burnout, it's a pretty good run.

Last edited:

Black_GT

SIIXVII
Reaction score
Thats really nice you did that for him. I'm sure that kid is grateful and will always remember that. Wish I could watch the video (damn work blocks vids).

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
too cool man... and he didn't do to bad at all... wish my frist run down the track was even in the 13's lol

Props!!

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
He was very grateful. He thought I was joking when I handed him the keys and sat in the passenger seat. He is talking about taking his car to the track now. He has a 2000 V6.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
awesome man. That is something he will remember for ever. His first pass down the track. Stand up thing you are doing for the kid.

martinr69

Reaction score
Nice run for the first time down the track. Hoping my first run down is good.

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Awesome,there needs to be more positive role models like yourself out there for these kids!

Pappy

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome, Nice driving for a 16 year old (I imagine anyways)!

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome, Nice driving for a 16 year old (I imagine anyways)!
18, just graduated HS

Awesome,there needs to be more positive role models like yourself out there for these kids!

Thanks, that means a lot. His dad worked midnights for years so they'd only see each other in passing. A couple years ago his dad tried to commit suicide which has left him in a nursing home unable to care for himself. It's been a tough path for the kid. I am happy I could be there for him. He's a really good kid but was headed down the wrong path when he moved next door at 12 years old. I think going to the track every weekend with me kept him on the straight and narrow. I always threatened him with not taking him to the track if he got in trouble at school or his grades dropped. He ended up with a 3.8 GPA. Now he's thinking about enlisting in the Army. I've never been married or had kids but he is like a son to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnnyGMachine

JohnnyGMachine
Reaction score
This is what the car hobby is all about. This is why we do what we do with cars. Good for you and him, like others have said - He'll never forget it. I still remember my first pass! Was incredible day!

flyfaster1

Reaction score
Thanks, that means a lot. His dad worked midnights for years so they'd only see each other in passing. A couple years ago his dad tried to commit suicide which has left him in a nursing home unable to care for himself. It's been a tough path for the kid. I am happy I could be there for him. He's a really good kid but was headed down the wrong path when he moved next door at 12 years old. I think going to the track every weekend with me kept him on the straight and narrow. I always threatened him with not taking him to the track if he got in trouble at school or his grades dropped. He ended up with a 3.8 GPA. Now he's thinking about enlisting in the Army. I've never been married or had kids but he is like a son to me.

Thats a damn good thing youve been doing there sir... :beer:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats on doing a great thing for a deserving kid. I wish more people would be as responsible it would be a better world.

Earl

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
He is going to remember that for the rest of his life. You sound like a stand up guy. This world needs more people like you out there. :thumb2:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back