Lithium Batteries? Who has what?

Oso de Peso

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get some real input from those actually using litum batteries in their GTs. Brand, size, AH/WH/CCA/ and accessories used to install them. Looking at not going with BCI 96r as the availability seems to suck and I don't mind having extra battery tray space or even replacing battery tray. Thoughts?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
My thought: you will go back to PbSO 4 batteries.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Miata AGM battery, lithium if you want to watch your car burn down.

moooosestang

Reaction score
I put a lithium battery in my motorcycle and it didn't last any longer than the cheap lead acid batteries buy i paid 3 times the price. I have zero faith in lithium batteries. It was a Shorai, not some cheap amazon special.

whitmanink

Reaction score
lithium dont like the cold or extreme heat, so unless u got a trunk battery , i wouldnt go that route ,, there isnt really any gain from a lithium battery for our cars. still puts out 12v, still is so many amp hours, infact one could argue our alternators dont charge the lithium for the best lifespan of the battery,, i use to fly 700 size rc helis ,, so i know alot about lipo and lithuim batterys

gbstang

Reaction score
I am coming up on almost 14 years on the battery in my Tractor..... The batteries in my cars seem to last 3-4 years if I am lucky.
What is the difference you may think?
Car batteries made in the USA, The tractor battery is made in Germany!
We do not mine or smelter lead in the US anymore, we just keep recycling it, so the quality of lead keeps going down. Soon you won't see a battery with anything more than a 1 or 2 year warranty! Heck, Diehard batteries used to have a 10 year warranty, then it went down to 6 and now its 36month....

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I get 5-10 years out of cheap chinese batteries in my cars.
Starting batteries are not meant to be discharged past 80% charge, or it shrtens the life of the battery.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back