Low RPM SC drag question

Gringo

Reaction score
I’m saving up my social security checks for a DOB GT450 setup.
Reading up on various SC specs I see that if One doesnt exceed some predetermined low end rpm like 2500, the SC does not produce boost. I can see that this “on demand” horsepower boost control can be useful but was wondering about parasitic drag when running below that rpm.
Does the setup have less than stock hp at the wheels due to turning the blower without producing boost?

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
very little difference and frankly - why would you care

redfirepearlgt

forum member
Reaction score
I’m saving up my social security checks for a DOB GT450 setup.
Reading up on various SC specs I see that if One doesnt exceed some predetermined low end rpm like 2500, the SC does not produce boost. I can see that this “on demand” horsepower boost control can be useful but was wondering about parasitic drag when running below that rpm.
Does the setup have less than stock hp at the wheels due to turning the blower without producing boost?

Any accessory attached to the engine will be parasitic. An SC is no different. The payback is exponential. So why would it matter? If you want to dance you have to pay the fiddler. Unless you consider a turbo setup.

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
If you aren't pushing the gas down. The bypass valve is open. So no boost, so very little drag .
Once you press the gas down enough the valve shuts, it starts production in boost and more drag

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back