Lund Boost Box

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by JG-1, Jan 13, 2019.

1. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

I’m having an issue with my Ngauge w Boost Box. I had my supercharger install done at Evolution Performance back in July, who also did a remote Lund tune and installed the boost box with ngauge. The analog signal on the Ngauge was reading 0 at idle, which I knew wasn’t correct, and brought the car back to Evolution. They ordered a new boost box and installed it yesterday. They did a vacuum test and said all is good. Now, the analog signal is reading -10ish at idle like it should be, and down to -12 when coasting at speed. The issue is I barely get a positive reading when I punch the throttle. The gauge will get down to 0ish and may go as high as +2 to +3, but not higher.

Evolution says the Ngauge/Boost box was calibrated when they originally did the install in July.

2. eighty6gt

eighty6gt forum member

Maybe you're making 3 psi

3. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

I’m running around 12lbs boost.

4. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Lund Racing is letting me stop by tomorrow to get this boost box figured out.

5. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

They couldn’t figure it out.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr........

6. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

My first guess would be a bad sensor. You said Evolution calibrated it when it was initially installed. Did they re-calibrate it after fixing the vacuum issue?

7. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

No they didn't recalibrate after installing the new boost box.

What sensor are you talking about?

I drove up to Lund Racing today and Matt Honeycutt (he created the boost box) took a look at the setup and how it was installed and he confirmed it was installed and calibrated correctly. He put in a 3rd boost box to try and it's still not showing boost, only vacuum.

He wants me to do some dataloging.

8. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

Throw in a cheap mechanical gauge to verify you are making boost

9. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

Hi. The car made 801/650 at Evolution.

10. 702GT

702GT S197 Fanatic

Did the dyno graph say 3psi (via sample port)? If it did, I would drop that all over the mopar forums and walk out.
    :troll3:

11. RocketcarX

RocketcarX 95% of my weight is fuel

Where is the sensor located?

12. JG-1

JG-1 forum member

In
    lmao

eighty6gt likes this.