M/T ET Street R Balancing Woes...

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
325/50 15 M/T ET Street R 3555 (radial)

Out of 4 tires, one balanced o.k. needing 5oz and a Road Force of 30. The other three required 10+ oz with the last one requiring 30oz of weights and a Road Force of 80+. Damn things were wobbling all over the machine.

Crazy...I just need two tires. A fifth tire is on order and hopefully it will work out. I did read of this issue online, but 3 out of 4? M/T has some quality issues with this tire. Eventually I'll only use these for the track, but the M&H radials are on backorder forever, so I need something so I can get out and have some fun in the sun.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I think M/T moved all production to

HOMETOWN CHINA

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
325/50 15 M/T ET Street R 3555 (radial)

Out of 4 tires, one balanced o.k. needing 5oz and a Road Force of 30. The other three required 10+ oz with the last one requiring 30oz of weights and a Road Force of 80+. Damn things were wobbling all over the machine.

Crazy...I just need two tires. A fifth tire is on order and hopefully it will work out. I did read of this issue online, but 3 out of 4? M/T has some quality issues with this tire. Eventually I'll only use these for the track, but the M&H radials are on backorder forever, so I need something so I can get out and have some fun in the sun.

I mounted mine (MT ET STR's) months after I bought them. One of them had a huge vibration right around 90. I was only using them on the track, so lived with it. Oddly, I swapped my track setup to a different set of wheels recently, and was able to at least balance the vibration mostly out.

I know the tire is not round, and am glad it is not on the car all the time, but it might pay to move one of the better one's around on a rim and see if you can get it any better (assuming you give up on getting two actual "good" one's ).

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
5th time is a charm. 2 out of 5 balanced...not great odds, but got it done. Of course now it's raining so I can't even try them. Fucking weather....:thud:

OX1

forum member
Reaction score
5th time is a charm. 2 out of 5 balanced...not great odds, but got it done. Of course now it's raining so I can't even try them. Fucking weather....:thud:

What's sad is you expect that with say a $125-150 chinese rim (took 9 to get 4 good one's on one of my old broncos recently), but MT tires you would think might have better QA. I suspect they don't care, as most only use them at the track and live with un-round tires (like I am).

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back