Marc S tow rig build

LS1EATINPONY

The Banker
Reaction score
Do one big exhaust stack in the bed in the corner of the bed. That would be awesome. You can lose that much room with one exhaust stack

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Single 6" mitre cut!

If you plan on swapping pumps out I'd head over to competition diesel dot com. Their are a wealth of knowledge, most are a bit on the extreme hp side though.

Turbo first? Are your egt's too high? What about just adding an S475 under the hx40 and have all the air youll need, even with a ppump.

I'm not too familiar with dt466 though and how they do with compounds.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

Last edited:

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
slash cut out the side lightning style. or through the bed in homage to the racecar.

NotaHybrid

I'm slow
Reaction score
I retract my statement about the stacks on the inside of the bed. It will definitely look better on the outside because of the size of the truck!

Sent from my helicopter

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
slash cut out the side lightning style. or through the bed in homage to the racecar.

I had it side exit style for a few days while the original stack was off. It was horrible.

I finished one side of the exhaust. Now, I need to move onto the other side. I am going to leave the pipe black and ceramic coat the sheild. Transfered the title this morning and bought 26K tonnage. $286.00 bucks to the state of WA.

Build total = $3,336.00

2013-02-27_16-39-15_304_zps376ab736.jpg

Last edited:

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
The fenders seem like they need to be stretched or something. The tires being bigger in a smaller wheel well just seems odd to me.
Still a sweet lookin project

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Exhaust looks killer!! I really want to do something like this. What are you going to be towing? I'd like to see some pics of them together!!

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Exhaust looks killer!! I really want to do something like this. What are you going to be towing? I'd like to see some pics of them together!!

We have a 40' enclosed race car trailer. With the car in it, it weighs 15,000 lbs and the tongue weight is around 4,500 lbs.

Last edited:

Backroad_Beast

2007 Torch Red GT
Reaction score
Haha this thing is badass Marc. I was actually admiring it when I headed up there to pick up the transmission the other day. I would rock something like this in a heartbeat if I could justify it. I need to get a huge trailer just so I have a reason to get an awesome tow rig now.

Thekid760

forum member
Reaction score
Looks killer. Now post a pic with it hooked up and let us know how she tows.

Misspelling courtesy of my fat fingers...

07graygt

forum member
Reaction score
Still waiting for updated. Maybe some picks hooked up. Did you ever get both stacks on?

Marc s

NASA AIX
Reaction score
Still waiting for updated. Maybe some picks hooked up. Did you ever get both stacks on?

No, I took it home and parked it. I will do the other stack later. Trying to get my Mustang done as fast as possible.

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
what happened? anything new to report?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
And you didn't take pictures to share with everyone?
I'm ashamed. Lol

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back