Mcgard right part number, wrong lug?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So I went to order Mcgard lugs for my racestars part number is 63014 for closed end so with out thinking I ordered these...

McGard 63014 Chrome Extra Long 1.365" Shank Style Lug Nut Set (M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) - Set of 4

http://www.amazon.com/McGard-63014-...8&qid=1350483741&sr=8-1&keywords=mcgard+63014

But now looking back they have the wrong pitch I believe, looks like they have different pitches with the same part number??? WTF?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Calling amazon now... def the wrong pitch I dont have direct drill so need the offset washers as well, looks like the right ones come with centered washers.

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
(M12 x 1.5 Thread Size) is part # 63016, part #63014 is 1/2 x 20

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah so amazon has it labeled wrong. Ordered the right ones and have a return order in for the wrong ones which will be here tommorrow. Thanks guys. Crisis averted lol

On a side note fuck racestar lugs they are garbage. Was trying to put on my fronts last friday at the track for the first time and was putting them on by hand and 3 brand new racestar lugs on one wheel just free spun and never tightened down....

Last edited:

gil_t2

Love Nitro in the Morning
Reaction score
I had the same problem with Amazon, But i ordered rear 3" ARP wheel studs and they sent 3" front studs.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
At least Amazon is super easy to work with. I always prefer buying directly from Amazon if possible rather than an independent dealer selling through Amazon.

I see you have it handled but I do have a full used set of McGard lugs with offset washers that I no longer need. I sold my Racestars locally and the buyer needed different lugs so he didn't want mine.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
At least Amazon is super easy to work with. I always prefer buying directly from Amazon if possible rather than an independent dealer selling through Amazon.

I see you have it handled but I do have a full used set of McGard lugs with offset washers that I no longer need. I sold my Racestars locally and the buyer needed different lugs so he didn't want mine.

Just orderd the lugs, probably could use the offset washers though... planned on just using the racestar washers for now.

Scott

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I run the McGard 63000

Same that I used when I ran Race Stars.

I too use the McGard 63000. Even though open ended they do not look bad with the black caps installed.

IMG_0553a.jpg

And I certainly would not consider using Race Stars without long studs.

IMG_0541a.jpg

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well got them today and they sent me the the 63014 which are indeed the correct ones with 1/2 X 20 threads contrary to what it said on their site with the wrong pitch. Uggg... so I bought another set for no reason and still have them on the way....

Last edited:

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Just orderd the lugs, probably could use the offset washers though... planned on just using the racestar washers for now.

Kinda off topic but are there any heavy duty washers that dont bend? Even mcgaurd ones bend after a couple of uses. I only torque them at 70-80lb too because they bend so easily.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not sure the mcgard ones look twice as thick as the racestar ones. I have had no issues with the racestar washers they are all still fine its just the lug material on the racestar lugs makes the threads inside very weak.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back