meziere electric water pump wiring

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
The only write-up I can find is with a guy wiring it up to switches inside the car as well so I'm a bit confused. I got the water pump with relay kit. I just want to wire it up the usual way. No extra switches etc.

I have the 2 black grounds going to a ground, the orange constant 12v power going to the back of the fuse box and on the positive post. I'm wondering where I should Wire the green "power on" wire to. And also if I still need to have that orange constant 12v wired up if I'm not adding any switches.

Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yes you need the constant 12v to actually power the pump. The green signal wire trips the relay and lets the orange power wire fire up the pump. I think the best place to wire the green wire is to the fused circuit that powers up the cruise control. I forgot what # it is but I have a pic. This power source is and engine running power source and should turn your pump on whenever your motor is actually running, instead of running the pump with the key in the on position. all the time.

DSC_1145.jpg

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
OK Yea you are the one I was talking about haha. Why couldn't the kit come with everything needed. Sigh. What connector do I need to pick up to connect the wire to the inside of the fusebox like that? How did you get the wire out of the fusebox? Just out the back?

07 Boss

Reaction score
That's just and add-a-circuit fuse thingy you can get at any autoparts store. I just ran the wire out of a small hole I drilled in the fuse box. Be sure to do this high enough up on the side of the box so that the cover will go over it. That way any water that creeps into the engine bay will not likely travel up through the hole. I also did it on the backside of the box for the very same reason.

DSC_1148.jpg

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Oh ok, I wasn't sure if the add a fuse needed to be a certain amp/type like a fuse or what. Great job. I'll do the same and run it out the back thanks a bunch! Hey where can I find out what number spot the cruise control is in the fuse box, for my 06? I could probably put it in the same spot as your pics no?

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
Yea the 06 fuse box looks absolutely NOTHING like the 07 one. ALL the 10 amp fuses IE most of the key on ones wont fit with the add a circuit, and the only add a circuits in town are all rated to a max of 10 amps...

I'm hoping like hell the console 12v accessory plugin is key on. Even though it was a 20 amp fuse stock I only run a gps on it occasionally so I'm going to plug into it and use 10 amp fuses.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Oh ok, I wasn't sure if the add a fuse needed to be a certain amp/type like a fuse or what. Great job. I'll do the same and run it out the back thanks a bunch! Hey where can I find out what number spot the cruise control is in the fuse box, for my 06? I could probably put it in the same spot as your pics no?

Yea the 06 fuse box looks absolutely NOTHING like the 07 one. ALL the 10 amp fuses IE most of the key on ones wont fit with the add a circuit, and the only add a circuits in town are all rated to a max of 10 amps...

I'm hoping like hell the console 12v accessory plugin is key on. Even though it was a 20 amp fuse stock I only run a gps on it occasionally so I'm going to plug into it and use 10 amp fuses.

I don't think you need much of a fuse on the signal wire, the relay should just draw a fraction of an amp. I don't know where it would be on an '06. I looked it up in my Chiltons manual. Try and find some electrical schematics and look for it. It is the only engine running power source there is. I wonder why yours would look so different. The manual I have is for '05 to '08, and I didn't see any schematics that were unique to certain years. I will look when I get home. I would think the actual fuse # would be the same, maybe it is in a different location though. I'm curious though. Post up a pic of your open fuse box. I want to see how different it is.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
I don't think you need much of a fuse on the signal wire, the relay should just draw a fraction of an amp. I don't know where it would be on an '06. I looked it up in my Chiltons manual. Try and find some electrical schematics and look for it. It is the only engine running power source there is. I wonder why yours would look so different. The manual I have is for '05 to '08, and I didn't see any schematics that were unique to certain years. I will look when I get home. I would think the actual fuse # would be the same, maybe it is in a different location though. I'm curious though. Post up a pic of your open fuse box. I want to see how different it is.
Right it it's not powering the pump only the relay.

There seems to be more big grey relays or whatever in my fuse box, or atleast they are closer together, so all the 10 amp key on fuses don't allow enough room for the add a circuit to fit. If someone made a damn add a circuit that was limited to 20 or 30 amps instead of just 10 I'd be done by now. (it says right on the box do not exceed 10 amps with this add circuit, and nowhere in town had or knew of one rated higher) I wonder if your fuse blowing problem was something to do with your add circuit being limited to 10 amps as well.

That being said I'm pretty sure the 12v accessory plugin is a constant, not key on power, so I don't know what the hell I'm going to do except try to find a wire somewhere outside of the fuse box to splice into like the fuel pump 12v wire. (I'm trying to find a wiring diagram that shows where it is. )

I'll take a pic of the fuse box for you tomorrow morning

Last edited:

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
So I've come to the conclusing I can't use the fuse box for the 12v key on power source. (atleast not with a add a circuit) Kitt posted a thread made by one eyed willy where he spliced it right into a wire out of the wiring harness. I think that's what I'm going to do if I can find what wire it is he used. I'll still post a pic of my fuse box for interest sake tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can find the wiring diagrams online?

07 Boss

Reaction score
So I've come to the conclusing I can't use the fuse box for the 12v key on power source. (atleast not with a add a circuit) Kitt posted a thread made by one eyed willy where he spliced it right into a wire out of the wiring harness. I think that's what I'm going to do if I can find what wire it is he used. I'll still post a pic of my fuse box for interest sake tomorrow.

Anyone know where I can find the wiring diagrams online?

That'll work also. I just suggested the fuesbox because I think it's the easiest way to do it.

I don't know about online, but I would suggest a Chilton's or Hayne's manual for your car. You will use it more than you think and they are all in there.

2kanchoo

forum member
Reaction score
That'll work also. I just suggested the fuesbox because I think it's the easiest way to do it.

I don't know about online, but I would suggest a Chilton's or Hayne's manual for your car. You will use it more than you think and they are all in there.
Oh I agree completely but I just couldn't see how to make it work because the add a circuit wouldn't fit. Well as it turns out I was 1 minute away from opening up the wiring harness, when a dude walked in, wanted to know what I was doing, and said "oh, they make a clip with an eyelet at the top that the fuse slips into and then you put that into place and connect your wire."

Well for hells sakes! haha. So that's what I ended up doing. I put it on one of the only 3 fuses that is key powered and they weren't what I figured atleast on my 06. I thought for sure the fuel pump, or radio, or ignition, but no. They were, engine #1, engine #2, engine #3. Well who the hell would guess that. haha. anyway it's all sorted now and runs good. Tomorrow is dyno day!!!

Edit: Here's a pic of my fusebox taken standing on the passenger side. (I had it hooked to a 20 amp console accessory fuse I was initially going to try.)
IMG00205.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back