MGW is a MUST

07arcticwhiteGT

Parking lot ornament
Reaction score
Just wanted to say that these guys are awesome. My friend and I were looking into getting MGW shifters, and found out that they are located 10 minutes away and had no idea. So we went over there to check the place out. My friend got an appointment to get his shifter put in on a Saturday. We showed up on Saturday and the OWNER/FOUNDER/DEVELOPER was the one to meet us there! Not only did he come in on his day off, but he did a free install, and he was a really nice guy. I will definitely be getting my shifter from them real soon.

And after he did the install, he took us for a ride in his brand new porsche GT-3...that was the best part

Thanks MGW

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
I've seen a few in person and they are pretty sweet! I just hope to see a tr6060 model soon.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They need to do a t56 model that works in a s197 with a t56!

RedMosesSC

Reaction score
Ive had 2 MGW's and a bunch of other MGW dress ups, any time i had any sort of issue with their products their customer service was incredible. George called and emailed me personally to make sure things worked out ok or sent me replacement parts before i sent back the originals. They go above and beyond with both quality and service.

MGW FTW!

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
hey moses what happened with yours? you get it all sorted out?

Error404

photographer
Reaction score
Ive had 2 MGW's and a bunch of other MGW dress ups, any time i had any sort of issue with their products their customer service was incredible. George called and emailed me personally to make sure things worked out ok or sent me replacement parts before i sent back the originals. They go above and beyond with both quality and service.

MGW FTW!

indeed, I didn't even buy the shifter from them, I had a used transmission put into my car that already had the MGW installed. But when I needed a replacement/upgrade part to put a particular style shifter stick in there, I contacted MGW and inquired about the part, and they sent it to me for free even though I wasn't a customer of theirs! Needless to say, if I ever have another car that can take a MGW shifter, that's what will go in there :clap:

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I've seen a few in person and they are pretty sweet! I just hope to see a tr6060 model soon.

ETA is one week. They are taking preorders now. Over half of the first batch are already spoken for. One of them is going to me.

KIMMER

Admin
Reaction score
ETA is one week. They are taking preorders now. Over half of the first batch are already spoken for. One of them is going to me.
Son of a...... Hmm, I need to check one of those out! Need a tester?? LOL

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mine is scheduled to be delivered at my house tomorrow! Can't wait!

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just got mine installed. I like it overall. Only thing that worries me is the 1-2 shift. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to go into gear when I'm speed shifting. Is there a certain way to set it, or do I just suck at shifting? I have it 5 turns out.

MGW

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I just got mine installed. I like it overall. Only thing that worries me is the 1-2 shift. Sometimes it seems like it doesn't want to go into gear when I'm speed shifting. Is there a certain way to set it, or do I just suck at shifting? I have it 5 turns out.

couple things to check / consider

1. make sure the shift handle is not set too LOW as it could hit the top of the shifter and keep it from fully engaging the gears. it would have to be set awfully low to do this but check anyway

2. you need to realize that when you shorten the throw you are asking those synchros to work alot harder. make sure you arent overstressing them trying to force the tranny into gear. use a smooth purposeful shift motion not a force hard ram and you will find the tranny responds much better.

3. make sure you are slightly pulling in toward your body when shifting into second due to the positive return springs in our shifter.

4. try setting the handle for the knob up higher so the bottom of the shift knob handle is flush with the underside of the brcket and maybe set your linkage to 2-3 turns and try this...sometimes the shortest shift isnt always the fastest for some driving styles

regards
george

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
couple things to check / consider

1. make sure the shift handle is not set too LOW as it could hit the top of the shifter and keep it from fully engaging the gears. it would have to be set awfully low to do this but check anyway

2. you need to realize that when you shorten the throw you are asking those synchros to work alot harder. make sure you arent overstressing them trying to force the tranny into gear. use a smooth purposeful shift motion not a force hard ram and you will find the tranny responds much better.

3. make sure you are slightly pulling in toward your body when shifting into second due to the positive return springs in our shifter.

4. try setting the handle for the knob up higher so the bottom of the shift knob handle is flush with the underside of the brcket and maybe set your linkage to 2-3 turns and try this...sometimes the shortest shift isnt always the fastest for some driving styles

regards
george

Ah. I'll give all of those a try. Thanks, George! :thumb:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back