MIR- Fords October 14 to 16, 2011

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
Nope just the gt500 stuff. The plan is to knock out the other stuff at my place Sunday. If anyone else wants to join you are more than welcome, we will make a day of it

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I did get the sway delete on while the bumper was off. Here are some pics, it was dark though so they don't do it justice.

2011-10-21_18-59-47_423.jpg

2011-10-21_18-50-33_749.jpg

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, looks great!

Did the sway bar delete install go smooth? Were you impressed with how much weight you pulled off the front?

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Ha ha you bastards! That sucker was heavy on my chest when I rolled the creeper out from under the car. The delete was like taking a pillow and bolting it up. Haven't driven it yet though.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Laura and I are looking at the weekend of October 29. I think there is a NVMC drag rental on Saturday, and a test n tune Sunday at MIR. I'll have clutch in by then. Any interest in either one?

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went with a RAM Powergrip HD and matching steel flywheel. No break in period required, so it's drive it to the track and let 'er rip. Line lock is going in as well. I'm researching the 2-step install a bit more, and if I figure out exactly what's needed (seems you need to epoxy a reed switch to the clutch pedal, but I've heard two different approaches), I'll take it to JJ's for a nice install--he has a real knack for clean electric work.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I can't say for all of the HR crew but we have our track rental the 28th so I doubt any of us will be able to make MIR on the 29th.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ha ha you bastards! That sucker was heavy on my chest when I rolled the creeper out from under the car. The delete was like taking a pillow and bolting it up. Haven't driven it yet though.

Well duh, we have only been saying that for how long?????:idea:

Your car looks great with the GT 500 bumper/hood!:beerchug2:

Fallenauthority

Reaction score
I went with a RAM Powergrip HD and matching steel flywheel. No break in period required, so it's drive it to the track and let 'er rip. Line lock is going in as well. I'm researching the 2-step install a bit more, and if I figure out exactly what's needed (seems you need to epoxy a reed switch to the clutch pedal, but I've heard two different approaches), I'll take it to JJ's for a nice install--he has a real knack for clean electric work.
Why not just go with a WOTBox? No epoxying or any of that, just splicing into the PCM wires and its good to go.
Oh and let me know how you like the PowerGrip HD, Thats the clutch I have been eyeballing.

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I already have the 2-step frankly. I'm not worrying about the setup, I just need to know HOW. The WOT box seems to have mostly positive reviews, but I've seen a few negative. I'll have to use the Search button one of these days.

I'll let you know the clutch street feel next week...

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
Never really seen the msd other than in jeostang(james) car. I personally went with the wot box. I did a clean install but I have to get someone help me adjust it as I put it under the fuse panel in the passenger kick panel. It wasn't hard to install. Good luck with it all and can't wait to see your car rip at the track considering I've seen you and laura at the track 2 times this year and your car 0.:popcorneat:

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL! Hopefully the clutch solves my problems. If not, it's back to the drawing board...

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back