Moostangs Photography/Videography

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome everyone! Lol! I just recently received a Canon Rebel T3i for my birthday (middle of sept) and Im really excited about it and the great things I can do with it! I love to shoot video and occasionally take pictures. I figured if I started a thread and if just one person got interested than it would give me a little more motivation to share my stuff publicly and to continue to do it!

Also I would to make this a thread where people can give some criticism weather it be good or bad. I want to grow in this and not start with bad habits. I can take criticism but I don't deal well with pure hate so if thats all you want to be than adios muchachos don't stop by! Lol!

With that said Ill post a pic of my niece I took this weekend.

I plan on doing a short video soon so stay tuned!

Princess K by iamseanshort, on Flickr

And the Lead Singer of my favorite band Green River Ordinance

JoshJenkins by iamseanshort, on Flickr

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You better be shooting in Manual mode Sean! LOL

Nice picture! Add me as a contact on Flickr

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in the "creative modes" right now. Still testing the waters of it all! None of those were in A! Lol! I know better than that!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'm in the "creative modes" right now. Still testing the waters of it all! None of those were in A! Lol! I know better than that!

The only way to truly learn is in Manual mode brother. I had some horrible pictures but I learned through trial and error what settings to use, and how to use them to my advantage to get the shots I wanted. I hate relying on the camera to do my job.

I'll teach you, my young grasshoppa!

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Depends mostly on the lighting in the room, and wether the subject you're photographing is moving or not. The more the lighting, the lesser value of ISO needed. But say if you are shooting at night, and your subject is still, you can use a low ISO setting and use a tripod. You will just have to set your shutter speed to be open for a while. Lower the ISO value, the cleaner, less noise(grain) are in the photos. And reverse, if you have low lighting and your subject is moving, more ISO is needed but you can also open up your aperture more to allow more light in.

images

If you can understand how those three things work together, you can take photographs in any situation and they turn out good.

Last edited:

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
That red SN95 was sick! It just had a sound to it that did it for me.

Thanks for taking pics of my car as well. I appreciate it.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
You have the basic concepts in place, so here's a few pointers:

Think foreground and background with every subject.
Rule-of-thirds.
Horizontal and vertical needs to be horizontal and vertical -- unless you deliberately make it part of your composition.

Princess K picture: Nice. Could work better if you straightened it up. It's leaning to the right.
Wife picture: Good composition. Nice angle. Not sure what the foliage in the back looked liked, but could have possibly worked better if you had dropped down and framed the water feature a little better instead of cutting off the top.

Clearly, everything is subjective. Welcome to the madness.

moostang09

Resident YouTube Guy
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thank you very much Rasmus! I'll keep those things in mind! I look forward to taking plenty more pics!

Phuck Phace thank you as well! I'll be bringing it for sure!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back