MSD Launch Master (Combined Threads)

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Anyone here thinking of trying one? They seem to be available now...

John

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
They're a good idea for manual transmission cars. I personally think they could be a damn good deal for automatic cars with enough converter.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
They're a good idea for manual transmission cars. I personally think they could be a damn good deal for automatic cars with enough converter.
I ordrered one yesterday I think it will work well with My PI 3500 md on the new F1 set up.

MLC40

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've been waiting for someone to get it working with the 5R55S and tell us how it's done. Hurry up... :clap:

I am going to order one as soon as I get the car back in one piece. From what I have read you can easily hook it up to a switch and use it with an auto. Here is a link to the wiring you would need to do. If I ever dump my manual for a AODE I will wire it to the cruise control and an additional switch to select between the LL and the 2-step.

http://www.msdignition.com/new_products/8734.html

Boss281

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im not familiar with this you speak of, research time for me.

Shawn

Two step rev limiter for manuals (or at least I thought--I've been corrected...again...). At the tree, the clutch is in and your right foot has the gas floored, but it's wound up to a preset rpm level, say 5500rpm. Launch and then the rev limiter is back to the original (say 7000rpm). Supposed to help with consistent launches and all that.

Here's the instructions: http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/WireDiagrams/frm29006_8734.pdf

Here's the blurb:

About $220 it seems.

John

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I ordrered one yesterday I think it will work well with My PI 3500 md on the new F1 set up.

Where did you make your purchase from? I am looking them up and showing to highest year of 04. You guys gave me something new to look up, thanks. What benefit do you think that it will give over your 3500 stall? Does that question make sense to you? lol

Shawn

SC boss

watch this!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Two step rev limiter for manuals (or at least I thought--I've been corrected...again...). At the tree, the clutch is in and your right foot has the gas floored, but it's wound up to a preset rpm level, say 5500rpm. Launch and then the rev limiter is back to the original (say 7000rpm). Supposed to help with consistent launches and all that.

Here's the instructions: http://www.msdignition.com/pdf/WireDiagrams/frm29006_8734.pdf

Here's the blurb:

About $220 it seems.

John

guess you posted a little faster than me and answered my questions without me knowing it yet.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Where did you make your purchase from? I am looking them up and showing to highest year of 04. You guys gave me something new to look up, thanks. What benefit do you think that it will give over your 3500 stall? Does that question make sense to you? lol

Shawn
I dont have to watch the rpm Just flip the switch ,floor it, release the button and hold on.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just shot them an email asking about application for 2005+ Mustangs. It shows application for all 99+ Fords, so we'll see what they say. If it's applicable to our cars I'm buying one.

Born To Run

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MSD Launch Blaster

I got it on my car a couple of weeks ago.It works great.Easy to install mostly plug & play.I have mine wired with TB.Stage,depress TB,floor the gas pedal,last orange light,let her go.I cut much better lights,first one was 0.0298 & the second light was 0.0211.I ordered it in Feb,got it in April.
It makes your car sound like a real drag car launching on the 2 step.
The little indents are barely visible to adjust the dials & the dials are small,but once its set thats it.I installed mine on the fire wall with some double sided tape above master brake cylinder area,the wires are not long enough to install it in the car.
This is a 9 out of 10 for bang for the buck & fun factor,you will leave guys sitting at the lights.
Keep this our secret eh!!

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I got it on my car a couple of weeks ago.It works great.Easy to install mostly plug & play.I have mine wired with TB.Stage,depress TB,floor the gas pedal,last orange light,let her go.I cut much better lights,first one was 0.0298 & the second light was 0.0211.I ordered it in Feb,got it in April.
It makes your car sound like a real drag car launching on the 2 step.
The little indents are barely visible to adjust the dials & the dials are small,but once its set thats it.I installed mine on the fire wall with some double sided tape above master brake cylinder area,the wires are not long enough to install it in the car.
This is a 9 out of 10 for bang for the buck & fun factor,you will leave guys sitting at the lights.
Keep this our secret eh!!
Suhweet... I want one. Do you have a transbrake on your 4R70? What launch RPM did you set it at, and what stall converter do you have?

PNR Welding

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Suhweet... I want one. Do you have a transbrake on your 4R70? What launch RPM did you set it at, and what stall converter do you have?

He has pretty much the same setup as I do. We did ours around the same time and Len built ours the same time.

Hey Randy, did you figure out any the problems with your car? Did you get it dynoed with the 4r70w yet? The power your making and the MPH your car is trapping at doesnt equal. You need to have it dynoed.

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, I think we have this figured out already, but here you go anyway.

From
cleardot.gif
: MsdTech <[email protected]>
to
cleardot.gif
:
date:
cleardot.gif
Tue, May 6, 2008 at 5:22 PM
subject
cleardot.gif
RE: MSD Tech Questionmailed-by
cleardot.gif
msdignition.com
5:22 PM
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif

Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our products. The 8734 has been tested on
the new 3V motors and it worked fine.

Thanks,
MSD tech

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back