Mustang Key Fob

Discussion in '2011+ Mustang GT 5.0L Tech' started by Donovan Andersen, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Donovan Andersen

Donovan Andersen Junior Member

i just bought a replacement key fob for my car because my unlock button didn’t work on the original. I was trying to reprogram the new one by taking the old and turning it to run 8 times. The locks cycled telling me it was in program mode but when I pushed the button on the new fob all the car did was honk. Does anyone know why it would have programmed the new key? Any help would be much appreciated.

2. 01yellerCobra

01yellerCobra forum member

Are you trying to program a key or the fob? You mention both in your post.

3. Iceman62

Iceman62 Bullitt 6005

Would help if we knew more about your situation...what year Mustang & make/model/manufacturer of FOB???

4. NICK PHELPS

NICK PHELPS Junior Member

On my 2010-on, you will need (2) key fobs to make another . Otherwise you will have to buy a blank and pay the Dealer $95 or so, to get another.
    After that, you can get another keyfob blank cut anywhere and then using the original 2.. you can then program the third. For as cheap as the keyfobs are, I got a third so I wouldn’t have to take to Dealer or Locksmith in case of a loss

Donovan Andersen likes this.
  5. Earl D Davis

Earl D Davis Junior Member

it sounds like it is programing the alarm and not the door lock. did you try to reprogram the original fob