My 15' Powerstroke F350 Build thread

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Well about two weeks ago I took delivery of my new 15' F350 Lariat DRW. It is a super cab 2wd with 3:73 gears and 444hp and 860 ft lb of tq from the factory. The truck is very fun to drive!

Thing is I bought it with other things in mind for it though. I ordered a SCT Competition tuner, Pro Flow 5" SS downpipe back exhaust with DPF delete 6" SS tip with rolled edges and a Rudy's Diesel Performance EGR cooler delete and S&B CAI. The truck has about 2500 miles on it now and is ready for some power.

The tuner has a 60, 120, and 180 hp settings. It should be fun! I plan to dyno the truck after I am done as well as take it to the track this spring.

I also plan to add some 4" SS running boards like the ones I had on my 03' if I can find them. I cant remember the name of the company though. I though it was Lane Industry's, but cannot find them. Any help there would be appreciated!

Here is the truck as it sits now.

Here is the 5" exhaust and the S&B CAI. The EGR delete and the SCT Competition tuner will be here tomorrow.

Last edited:

WARstang

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats on the new rig! I assume you use it for work?

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Me likey!! That thing is gorgeous

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Cool build man, that is definitely not a common combination. Just curious, why not a SCrew or 4wd?

Boaisy

Dark Knight
Reaction score
When I was selling, I don't recall seeing less than a SCrew 4x4 for a dually. The SCab 2WD looks nice.

and yes, the 6.7 is one hell of a motor.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Cool build man, that is definitely not a common combination. Just curious, why not a SCrew or 4wd?

I have had many supercrews and 4x4s. Issue is, with a 4x4 I have to lift everything at work that much higher. I work from my trucks so lower is better. As for the cab, it is just me in there most of the time and I gave my 12' 4x4 supercrew to my son that works for me. Main reason is I wanted a small hotrod this time.

Everything is here now and should have some pics tomorrow and smokey videos on Sunday.

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Why do the EGR delete? I didn't think they were problematic like the 2010 and older Powerstrokes.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Why do the EGR delete? I didn't think they were problematic like the 2010 and older Powerstrokes.

Here is what they say.

Deletion of the EGR increases fuel economy by 1-2 MPG as well as increases power and engine efficiency. We have also found it runs a much cleaner engine.

Taxman

One foot out the door
Reaction score
Very nice truck Billy. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Very nice truck Billy. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Thanks. I got the Programmer installed and am ready to do the rest tomorrow. I had to spend WAY to much time on my sons car on the FRPP Hot Rod install. I installed the cams yesterday. Some how a plug fowled out by me removing it from the motor! LOL I spent all day trouble shooting to find it. I even removed the front cover thinking I had let the chain slip or something. New set of plugs today and its all about Manuel now, install is done. Man what an ass whooping! On to the truck in the am. Tomorrow was supposed to be the finish up of my car...:thanks

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Here is what they say.

Deletion of the EGR increases fuel economy by 1-2 MPG as well as increases power and engine efficiency. We have also found it runs a much cleaner engine.

i love that deleting engine emission systems makes the engine run more efficiently and cleaner.....hah

damn emission regulations....

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
i love that deleting engine emission systems makes the engine run more efficiently and cleaner.....hah

damn emission regulations....

Biggest thing is the MPG and freeing up the exhaust flow. No need for that exhaust to get pushed through that cooler.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Update

Well, its all done, I did the full EGR delete and the Pro Flow 5" exhaust with muffler and the sound is amazing! The video bellow does it no justice. The tone is deep and sound like it is a 3.0" exhaust on a old hot rod with turbo mufflers and a turbo. LOL I will get a better video later this week as well as a 0-100 video from in the cab. I have only test drove it on my road but man, this thing feels good. I have it on the performance setting right now since that is where I see everyone getting the best MPG. Below are the ratings for the setting encase anyone was wondering.

Level 1 Tow
+40 hp and +90 ft-lbs

Level 2 Street
+82 hp and +185 ft-lbs

Level 3 Performance
+120 hp and +225 ft-lbs

Level 4 Extreme
+150 hp and +340 ft-lbs

Here are a few pics and a video.

No going back now!

Doing work.

Block off plates.

S&B CAI and no more EGR cooler.

All the shit that came off the truck.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back