My 15' Powerstroke F350 Build thread

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Looks great man! I find my self trying to balance buying stuff for my truck and the mustang. Both are really fun and the truck is my daily so there is more benefit to mods to it since I can enjoy them daily.

And to the person who made the head stud comment, its not a 6.0! (which is what I have). H&S made over 800 whp with a little juice on the stock motor and trans so I think itll be okay.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Looks great man! I find my self trying to balance buying stuff for my truck and the mustang. Both are really fun and the truck is my daily so there is more benefit to mods to it since I can enjoy them daily.

And to the person who made the head stud comment, its not a 6.0! (which is what I have). H&S made over 800 whp with a little juice on the stock motor and trans so I think itll be okay.

My 03' and my 05' 6.0s had numerous EGR coolers and two sets of head gaskets each. Then My 08 6.4 was kept stock, after that I was in an 09 F150 5.4 Platinum for three years. After that I bought the 12' 4x4 crew cab that my son is in now. Its been a while since I had a hopped up diesel truck and this 6.7 is amazing!

Here is the 12' after my son put a front leveling kit and a ranch hand front bumper.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Good lord that sounds beastly! Probably saved quite a few pounds with removing the emissions crap as well.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
My 03' and my 05' 6.0s had numerous EGR coolers and two sets of head gaskets each. Then My 08 6.4 was kept stock, after that I was in an 09 F150 5.4 Platinum for three years. After that I bought the 12' 4x4 crew cab that my son is in now. Its been a while since I had a hopped up diesel truck and this 6.7 is amazing!

Here is the 12' after my son put a front leveling kit and a ranch hand front bumper.

Thats awesome! Mine is at 195,000. Its got about 10,000 miles tuned since I got it. I know it will go eventually on stock studs but when it does I will be buying O-ringed heads and a bulletproof EGR and ARP studs. That way I should only have to do it once.

Heres what mine looks like now.
IMAG0873_zpstidqg2da.jpg

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Good lord that sounds beastly! Probably saved quite a few pounds with removing the emissions crap as well.

Its only like 38 lbs on the egr delete, but the exhaust weighs at least half of that 6 ft long CAT!

Thats awesome! Mine is at 195,000. Its got about 10,000 miles tuned since I got it. I know it will go eventually on stock studs but when it does I will be buying O-ringed heads and a bulletproof EGR and ARP studs. That way I should only have to do it once.

Heres what mine looks like now.
photos

That 12' has about 160k on it. It has been a pretty good truck. The best one out of them all was the 09 5.4 F150, 324k and only changed the oil, besides a pinion bearing at 65k,! Best truck I have ever had.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
You get rid of the lightning RJ?

I wish I could have a diesel for a did, but driving a whole 7 blocks to work and back in the winter is hard enough on my 5.4. I would have to have a diesel plugged in longer than I drove it with the winters here.

Shaggy

Head PooBaa of the Asylum
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Love the Ford super duties. Their beasts! Not sure if you mentioned it but after your EGR delete, you feel anymore power? What are you towing with it?

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
RJ, not you Billy. I hate you guys for being able to have diesel trucks though

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Love the Ford super duties. Their beasts! Not sure if you mentioned it but after your EGR delete, you feel anymore power? What are you towing with it?
I use it at work, mostly towing a 12k low boy with 8-10k on it for my projects. I have been subcontracting to a company now for 12 yrs where we install ACM or aluminum composite panels. Best way I have found to describe it is, the silver and blue panels on the front of a Chevy dealer or the silver ones on a Ford dealership.
RJ, not you Billy. I hate you guys for being able to have diesel trucks though

There is no wait to start on a Super duty anymore. when it is 20* or 0*, you just crank it. They even have rapid heaters so you don't have to wait for the water to get warm to have heat in the cab.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
Yes, but only driving say 7 blocks to work is hard on an engine, esp a diesel, or an I old school thinking here? I have to change the oil in my 5.4 almost every 1000 miles because nearly even gets up to operating temp. When I need to tow, I need all of it though.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Yes, but only driving say 7 blocks to work is hard on an engine, esp a diesel, or an I old school thinking here? I have to change the oil in my 5.4 almost every 1000 miles because nearly even gets up to operating temp. When I need to tow, I need all of it though.
I have remote start, you can start it when your alarm goes off and buy the time you get to work the oil is warm... :highfive:

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
You get rid of the lightning RJ?

I wish I could have a diesel for a did, but driving a whole 7 blocks to work and back in the winter is hard enough on my 5.4. I would have to have a diesel plugged in longer than I drove it with the winters here.

Yeah man I traded it in last April. The lightning was giving me issues and I was having to do something to it every other week it seemed. Plus I wanted something I could tow the mustang with more easily. I'm sure the lightning would do it but It would be struggling with the short wheel base.

I use it at work, mostly towing a 12k low boy with 8-10k on it for my projects. I have been subcontracting to a company now for 12 yrs where we install ACM or aluminum composite panels. Best way I have found to describe it is, the silver and blue panels on the front of a Chevy dealer or the silver ones on a Ford dealership.

There is no wait to start on a Super duty anymore. when it is 20* or 0*, you just crank it. They even have rapid heaters so you don't have to wait for the water to get warm to have heat in the cab.

I wish mine had the rapid heater option. Granted I havent had to cold of temps here yet but this morning it was probably in the 20s but the engine oil was 35 or so when I cranked it. I have yet to use the block heater.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
I love my SD demo's and they are just beastly from the factory. The 2015's 6.7 turbo upgrade made it a whole new animal.

That exhaust sounds badass. I hope to keep my 7.3 around and do a straight pipe/minor upgrades.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I made a short video but being by myself it was a bit shaky. I am getting a code when I make a long pull due to an over boost condition. I will call SCT and see what they say. One thing I noticed is that both times O got the code, the traction control was on. When I turn it off I don't seem to get it as I have seen so far. I will try to get my some to shoot some better video from outside the truck this weekend.

Anyhow, the truck is a BEAST! I am very happy with the mods I did.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back