My 15' Powerstroke F350 Build thread

BlindGUYnAR

forum member
Reaction score
My 03' and my 05' 6.0s had numerous EGR coolers and two sets of head gaskets each. Then My 08 6.4 was kept stock, after that I was in an 09 F150 5.4 Platinum for three years. After that I bought the 12' 4x4 crew cab that my son is in now. Its been a while since I had a hopped up diesel truck and this 6.7 is amazing!

My 2012 6.7 has had to have an EGR replaced at 32k miles. My truck is stock now, but as soon as warranty is up EGR, DPF, etc are history!

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
My 2012 6.7 has had to have an EGR replaced at 32k miles. My truck is stock now, but as soon as warranty is up EGR, DPF, etc are history!

I never believed in waiting to do something till the warranty is out. After 100,000 miles you are just more likely to make something go out. I put 2500 miles on mine just to make sure I did not get a Friday motor and its time to let it eat. I deal with a dealer that would not turn me down for service unless it was fatal and Ford needed to be involved. If my A/C goes out or something like that then there is no issue. If I have an internal motor issue, well that is another story.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I made a short video but being by myself it was a bit shaky. I am getting a code when I make a long pull due to an over boost condition. I will call SCT and see what they say. One thing I noticed is that both times O got the code, the traction control was on. When I turn it off I don't seem to get it as I have seen so far. I will try to get my some to shoot some better video from outside the truck this weekend.

Anyhow, the truck is a BEAST! I am very happy with the mods I did.

There you are, running hard low on fuel again...

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Okay, so I was getting two codes, one on startup and the other on WOT long pulls along with a message in the message center that said, Engine Reduced Power. I called SCT today, and after 35 minutes on hold I am told that the tunes I am running for DPF delete are not theirs. I am told to contact the place I bought it from, witch was Rudy's Diesel Performance, so that is what I did. Turns out they use tunes from PIP (Punch it Performance), after hearing this I was a little concerned as the tune is not from SCT as I thought, till I did some research on PIP, and it looks like they have a good reputation in the diesel tuning industry. So, I called PIP, asked for Tech assistance, explained my issues and the tech (David) was very helpful and asked what tune setting I was running and if there was a revision number after the tune name and I replied no. He then asked If I would email him the serial number of my SCT X4 and note that it needs updated to the latest revision for a '15 6.7 Super duty. So while I was stopped at the store parking lot I was calling him from, I sent him the email and within 15 minutes I had the revision, witch is number 6. I installed it on the programmer and then to the truck a little while ago. I will test it in the morning. Pretty good customer service if you ask me!

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it taken care of. The reduced power is normally from overheating, which is strange if you haven't done anything harsh, lol.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
The good thing is that they were able to pin point the known issue. Hope is runs like a rapped ape tomorrow.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Glad to hear you got it taken care of. The reduced power is normally from overheating, which is strange if you haven't done anything harsh, lol.

It was from the over boost condition from what I understand.

The good thing is that they were able to pin point the known issue. Hope is runs like a rapped ape tomorrow.

Me as well. I am in Austin tonight from work today and will get a good 3.5 ride home in it tomorrow, so we shall see.

It seems to get about 16-18 mpg on the Performance tune. Big thing is if you want MPG, you have to keep your foot out of it! LOL

I can drive 200 miles easy and get 18 MPG or drive 200 miles playing around and get 10 MPG.

All in all I am very happy with it and there is no other way to describe it, but being a BEAST! I can turn a corner and give it half throttle and throw the truck sideways! A little to much gas when turning a corner with the traction control off and everyone is looking at you like, what the fuck, as you fish tale around the corner in a 7k lb dooley. LOL

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Well, its all done, I did the full EGR delete and the Pro Flow 5" exhaust with muffler and the sound is amazing! The video bellow does it no justice. The tone is deep and sound like it is a 3.0" exhaust on a old hot rod with turbo mufflers and a turbo. LOL I will get a better video later this week as well as a 0-100 video from in the cab. I have only test drove it on my road but man, this thing feels good. I have it on the performance setting right now since that is where I see everyone getting the best MPG. Below are the ratings for the setting encase anyone was wondering.

Level 1 Tow
+40 hp and +90 ft-lbs

Level 2 Street
+82 hp and +185 ft-lbs

Level 3 Performance
+120 hp and +225 ft-lbs

Level 4 Extreme
+150 hp and +340 ft-lbs

Here are a few pics and a video.

Sorry if I missed it but what level tune are you running right now?

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Sorry if I missed it but what level tune are you running right now?

Level 3

I talked to PIP today and confirmed the numbers are rwhp number on a test truck with 37 in. tires. Haha

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Okay, since the car equaled fail today, I put my T&T number on the hauler and raced it down the track next to my son in his 07 GTCS. I ran 13.87 at 98 mph to his 13.62 at 104.46. I had him at the 60 with almost identical reaction times and then he had me by the 1/8th with his 8.82 to my 8.87. Good times!

Last edited:

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
I like it, I have put 15k on it since the mods and the truck is bad ass! It pulls my car hauler like nothing.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Thought I would update this for anyone wanting to do this. I now have 42k on the truck and the tunes and mods have been great. I have been fighting a turbo issue though. At 32k the turbo started making noise when I would go WOT. I took it to my dealer snd they ssod they havent seen any issues with the 15' turbos yet and that mine needed to be replaced. I got with my parts guy and bought a new one. After looking over the job, I decided to let them install it as well since they only charge me $72.50 per hr. Well 6k later at 38k the noise came back. My truck is an early build 15' and came with a turbo part number ending with an A. Just today I have learned that there is a new part number ending in B that came out last May that fixes this concern. I called my parts guy and he will have me a new one, covered under the parts warranty to pick up after lunch in Dallas. I am going to install it myself tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

01yellerCobra

forum member
Reaction score
Hope it works out. My 250 visited the dealer last week for the CEL. Turns out the crank case ventilation sensor went bad. I have about 2200 miles on it now. I love towing with a diesel. It forgot my boat was back there going to Az.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Hope it works out. My 250 visited the dealer last week for the CEL. Turns out the crank case ventilation sensor went bad. I have about 2200 miles on it now. I love towing with a diesel. It forgot my boat was back there going to Az.

What codes where you getting?

s8v4o

forum member
Reaction score
Any updates to this thread? Were you able to do the turbo install yourself? Any other issues to date with the tuned setup?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back