17279180615_d58fee7f72_b.jpg

17091639880_95563bf9e0_b.jpg

16658937613_5aab12aba1_b.jpg

17092956669_93ace4b17e_b.jpg

17071721297_25a5435a3a_b.jpg

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Real good pics man. I need to take our camera outside for some shots to really start messing with it. I've been lazy and use my note 4 for a lot of pictures of our son. We have one of our Goddaughter's 1st birthday party later, so maybe I'll take it out there to try and get some shots. Still waiting on my bro in law to download/install a copy of that editing software you told me about.

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
So how bout u come take some pics of my car in the good old state of Pa

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
I mean you could do pics of the car and of me n my pup because I haven't gotten any good pics with him in a while nor have I taken him out in the pony lately

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
was this just like a blog style thread to display your work, or were you looking for constructive criticism?

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
This thread is pretty sweet because it shows the evolution of your photography style and shooting technique, and skills development. Everyone goes through learning curves. Everyone. I know I did. It's funny to see some of the stuff in your pics because I did a lot of the same exact stuff lol. :) I am by NO MEANS a professional photographer of any kind. I just play with this stuff from time to time with large gaps in between.

Exposure levels are good, like the balance, but the composition needs more tweaking.

Exposure is excelent, image tilted to way too much. Level out your shots for a less queasy effect. I used to do that too, lol.

NYC pics are kind of all over the place. Exposure, composition and colors. As when one gets excited/overwhelmed with an area outside their comfort zone. Excellent job on capturing the lighting on many shots, a bunch are underexposed. Those that are under exposed, could have ben beast if shot in RAW for shadow recovery.

Woods pics when you got back from overseas, great everything except the tilt.

The portrait work I can't speak to at all because I hate shooting pics of people like that, I'm horrible at it. :(

Indoor puppy pics are good. Lighting source would be better off from the side, and a more shallow DOF would work wonders on that cute little dog. Which you did later, and they came out great. A little white balance tweaking and voila!

Went and checked out this trail not but 5 miles from my place. I got there a little to late though so the sun was way down and I had no tripod. This is the only one I thought was good. I'm going back tomorrow to get some better pictures.
6657441887_f985956515_b.jpg

Beautiful.

Excellent first attempt at indoor sports. Such a tricky thing to master. These shots are great, they just need a tweak of the white balance, which you did later and they look really good. Telling you man, WB works wonders. Sometimes its cool to leave it all crazy, just depending on the look your going for.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score

Portrait pics are good, exposure is good. I think the composition is a little off. Some are zoomed out enough, but others I feel like they are in between an up close shot or a wide shot, i.e. cutting people off at strange places. I have a lot of trouble with that too, but I don't practice with it often.

Winery pics are very nice. I need to get back out to one. Lots of good photo opportunities there.

Excellent everything.

Took these earlier today. We were released early from work due to a snow storm coming in followed by freezing rain.

8424554845_edfd89400b_b.jpg

8425646544_03db767e22_b.jpg

8425648522_561c830c78_b.jpg

So much fun! Nailed the color balance man. Composition is great. Nothing looks out of place, and the DOF is good too.

The kilt series...I haven't begun to tackle that realm of photography, but I can definitely tell you we both have a lot of room to grow there. :p

Best pic yet, everything is right with this picture.

Arlington car pics, have come a long way. Small tweaks in composition go a long way. Some pics are in between a wide shot or a zoomed shot. All the up close shots are great. You've grown a lot in your photography skills. I'm getting rusty not having the time to shoot. Seat time, as with anything, seems to be the biggest helper.

Too much vignette. Other than that great.

All the ones of the black mustang came out pretty good.

The pumpkin pics are well. Excellent exposure and detail balance.

The deer pics are great too. Excellent DOF and tightening up the focus on the subject. Only thing that takes a little away is having the deer centered in the pics. A little more environment caught would help.

Christmas tree pics great. Good focus.

Blue bonnet pics are beautiful. I am so jealous. I've not been able to get out there in years during blue bonnets. Last time I was, I almost got bit by a rattler lol.

Here are some from today. I went over to Globe Life Park in Arlington and attended the Auto Enthusiast Day presented by Nitto. Enjoy! I'll have more tomorrow.

17270277785_763c7e5028_b.jpg

17269742831_02bef4e9ff_b.jpg

17082489168_149642f836_b.jpg

16647801424_39c2f07684_b.jpg

17244269576_0d95f9233f_b.jpg

17244251116_dd9556341c_b.jpg

17268434622_54dabeeacf_b.jpg

PERFECT amount of everything. Big thumbs up.

Digital_Synapse

forum member
Reaction score
21009986601_a58f78983d_b.jpg

The dreaded tilt is making it's way back! Haha. The vignette on bottom isn't too distracting, but on the top half of the pic it is. Good shot otherwise.

21023155251_7dbebaf7b6_b.jpg

Much better, but same for this one. Composure is good, but cropped a little to the left would eliminate that dumpster on the right.

20827691088_46c3656c1d_b.jpg

Same here but the other way.

20827514740_f2f7cc2ac7_b.jpg

See first pic, but bumping the exposure would sharpen your details.

20394520523_6d9278f9b6_b.jpg

Good pic, but that dang vignette.

20392957194_1bafa9abe5_b.jpg

See #4

20394518183_e87daa9242_b.jpg

This is a great pic. But leveled off, and if you stepped to the left a little more, the building could be more balanced in the back ground and the light pole gone.

20392955054_fce5483909_b.jpg

Best shot of the bunch!

AGAIN, I am NOT a professional photographer. Just a fellow amateur who is still going through the growing pains of learning. :) I figured you would like some feedback, as I welcome feedback, from someone who actually plays with a camera as well. Most folks see these pics and say "wow". That may feel good, but it doesn't help you grow in skills. I appreciate any opportunity to grow. I don't want you to be offended by my observations, just trying to offer some outside perspective. I also understand that everyone has their own shooting style and way of doing things. There is no right or wrong way to do these things. :nixon:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Thanks Chris, and I take no offense to anything you said. I don't realize some of the things I do until it is pointed out, but that's a good thing! I still haven't found the exact style that I am perfectly comfortable with but the Nitto ones are the closest I've came to feeling what works best for me.

This last session with the Civic was rushed, I took those under 17 minutes due to the raining that just kept falling harder with every passing minute. I know what you mean about the tilt but I wanted to experiment a little with it and some of them I went a little to extreme.

I'm also rusty so I didn't even think about the dumpster while I was photographing but great reminder brother.

So far, indoor sports has been the most challenging, especially when it comes to a light source. I didn't have a speed light at the time so I was stuck using the smallest f stop my lens would allow and a high ISO which made a lot of the images grainy.

I have a lot to learn and its definitely a fun and rewarding passion despite the amount of effort put into it sometimes. Thanks again brother!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back