My Barn find........

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe the bottom isn't a total mess. Parking a car on dirt for 5 years is usually a death sentence. Glad you saved it. I would yank that I6 and it's non-V8 suspension and drop a mild 331 stroker/T5 combo with a V8 spec suspension and drive the shit out of it.

EDIT: I see that's your long term plan. Missed if the first read through. I probably wouldn't do EFI myself.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe the bottom isn't a total mess. Parking a car on dirt for 5 years is usually a death sentence. Glad you saved it. I would yank that I6 and it's non-V8 suspension and drop a mild 331 stroker/T5 combo with a V8 spec suspension and drive the shit out of it.

EDIT: I see that's your long term plan. Missed if the first read through. I probably wouldn't do EFI myself.

Why woud you not do EFI? It's simple.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Just got the brakes done. Then the rain started....ahhhhh! Hope to test drive it soon!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Why woud you not do EFI? It's simple.

Carburetors are simpler and cheaper and when the package is setup and tuned right will make more power...usually. Don't get me wrong I like the idea and think it does great things for making it drivable, but it costs more to setup.

sscobra

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like you scored a winner! How did you find it? Whats the Story?

Found it on Craigslist. Lucked up and I was the first person that contacted the guy. It was 15 minutes up the road in TN.

I got an actual title from Kentucky and it had Kentucky plates on it. The gentleman I purchased from was a great guy and had a great time talking to him. He bought it for his daughter and she decided that she didn't want it after she realized it didn't have AC, power steering, brakes, etc.

He has owned for over 11+ years and it got parked in the field for the last 5 years.

I actually got the brakes done this week and the new tires on. I took it on it's first test drive last night.

I will post a video later. :naughty1:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back