My Street Car

sdleo29

forum member
Reaction score
Real nice ipad install. Thinking about doing something similar come spring. Love the paint scheme, looks killer.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Came to update this thread only to be reminded how much work we lost from photo bucket's bullshit.
I'm going to work on updating the picture and bringing this thing up to date. I think the only think still on the car from 2014 is the suspension and the paint, lol.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
c55OICb%QPSly9gIhLp90Q.jpg Bw4Skt54SmiWiabgUX%7lA.jpg K0fcs%tDR9+68Ipi3aRAxQ.jpg t%8NUdj+TwKfR70pNhiYpw.jpg PMiJ76jnTDymUTUVcuYavA.jpg

A little bit of what I've been up to on the car lately. A very little bit, lol. The car is currently take apart for the next huge round of upgrades and cleaning. Lots of cleaning and detailing before she goes back together.
When you sell Carroll again she's be bottle fed and track ready.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Some more details from the 4R70W swap; you can see how nicely stock replacement foxbody lines fit the car. I cut them and added the AN adapters to run flexible hose to the cooler. These hardline were found on eBay.
The trans mount is a urethane F250 body mount and the spacer that comes with a foxbody urethane trans mount I added a stud too.
Driveshaft was 47.5 inches U-joint to U-joint and if fit perfectly.
I changed the rear pinion flange over to the stock style flange from a 1999-2004 Mustang GT.
Flexplate and flexplate bolts are from a 1999-2004 Mustang.
Converter is from a 2003 Mach 1, it stalls about 2500 RPM.
Stock S197 starter
Stock S197 manual trans bell housing bolts worked perfectly.
Dipstick was from a 03-04 mach 1, zero modification required.
1999-2004 Mustang GT intermediate plate was $38 new from American Muscle.
I found an automatic pedal assembly on eBay and switched the brake master cylinder reservoir for one from an auto car to eliminate the nipple that feeds the clutch master cylinder.
Essentailly 85% of what you need for this swap is all 1999-2004 factory parts. If you used the police car 4R70W with the 1 inch longer tail shaft you could even use the driveshaft from a 1999-2004 Mustang GT and all you would need is the Steeda driveshaft spacer to make it fit properly.
ATTACH=full]66709[/ATTACH] pm81yPojSBSZpDzIU+REnA.jpgQLbrnAE2R5yShcm1+I9WWw.jpgEST%B5ybRAeEqid7plPPRg.jpggPKqnxfaSDe0Rw0XoR1Mow.jpg

3vU3hxnZT+GN2nkh19jovA.jpg

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Here is what I did to fit the Quarter Stick, repurposed the brackets it came with and reused to stock 5.4 truck shifter arm with an added hole for the Hurst shift cable end. I'll have to take a pic of the arm itself next time the car is in the air.fPxYumqPRN6Nt87iUXV+Mw.jpg RZxBDD6BSS+4Hw+L1lxLcQ.jpg k1dNzhodR5C0ZxwXPG%Exg.jpg DpG5I1aQSV60Iq+KJEUbEg.jpg CxEwGUm5TQe7ZOF5XnKn0g.jpg

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Made a catch can for Carroll out of a Moroso universal deal I had left over from my truck. I used the factory lines with 1/2" no clamp barbed fittings.
Total cost is less than $145, so def comparable to the going pre-fab'd ones as far as cost goes.

IMG_7515.JPG

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Thanks man!
I have really tried to keep this car on the factory appearing side. All I had to do was use boiling water to soften the lines, they pushed right onto the fittings and sealed super tight. It's basically how you repair factory plastic fuel lines so I figured it would work here too.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I pretty much feel the same way when it comes to the appearance which was another reason for sticking with the Saleen OEM 98mm MAF airbox cover. At one point I did consider making the switch to the JLT III CAI, but the more I thought about it, the Saleen airbox cover provides plenty of airflow for my particular application and does a much better job at preventing hot air from entering the combustion chamber as well. In the meantime, also thanks for the tips concerning the factory plastic lines, as I found them very helpful and useful to say the very least :waytogo:

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Got my headers back from coating, we'll see if the coating holds up a little longer this time. It was effective for sure, but the quickness with which they started rusting sort of pissed me off. The friggin coating cost more than the header.
IMG_7547.jpg

AndrewNagle

forum member
Reaction score
Got my headers back from coating, we'll see if the coating holds up a little longer this time. It was effective for sure, but the quickness with which they started rusting sort of pissed me off. The friggin coating cost more than the header.

Headers look great who did the coating ? On my previous 2007 I had my done by Jet Hot which was years ago and never got to see the longevity but they also looked good

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Poly-Dyn in Houston
I had to quit using them. Last couple thing I sent to them came back with very poor quality. My IC pipes are rusting that the ceramic coated gor me. I found a guy in Arlington that did a real nice job on my JPC intake and some other things, but last I heard it was so busy doing stuff for Indian motorcycles that he was not taking on any more work.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I had to quit using them. Last couple thing I sent to them came back with very poor quality. My IC pipes are rusting that the ceramic coated gor me. I found a guy in Arlington that did a real nice job on my JPC intake and some other things, but last I heard it was so busy doing stuff for Indian motorcycles that he was not taking on any more work.
I wasn't pleased that my headers bleed thru the coating inside a year. I just sent them a bunch of stuff and am anxious to see the quality.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Some post cam install pics, I'll install the nitrous over the next week after work.
IMG_7616.JPG IMG_7621.JPG IMG_7619.JPG

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
Installed everything under hood for the nitrous, still need to wire the system and run the main feed line. Dumped the exhaust with some cheap straight thru mufflers. It's quieter than expected but still loud AF, not sure how long the cops are gonna let me slide. The full throttle sound is NASCAR and I love it, lol.
The mufflers look tilted in the photos for some reason, but standing under the car they are far less uneven. I had to cheat the one side due to the parking brake bracket.
I picked up a nice BBK 62mm throttle body from a forum member I plan to install once I figure out why the muffler change fckd me in my tune. Going from stock mufflers to the dumps must have added more air flow than I gave it credit for because light throttle low RPM acceleration causes an instant lean condition and it lean pops like crazy.
IMG_7644.JPG IMG_7645.JPG IMG_7640.JPG IMG_7646.jpg IMG_7648.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back