My V6-V8 Stroker swap and build

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Over the past couple of months, I've been working on swapping out the V6 engine to a forged/stroked V8, and eventually with a Kenne Bell 2.6.
The V8 swap is done, in, and running!

SD (US-1) built the stroked/forged shortblock, which began as a 4.6L from a '09. Then I, along with a little help from others, put it all together and in the car, completing the transition from a V6 to V8. The setup has custom cams, ARH Lt's, PI converter, Borla mufflers, and numerous parts from many different people.

Finally got it all done and running (Special thanks to Tanner [Natural1] for a last-minute part order!). The engine runs so smooth and quiet, kudo's to SD for building such a solid foundation, he did a really good job on the bottom end :hi:

Cams are custom grinds from Jimtune.net; they're f'n awesome!

This was a long project that took a lot of work, but with it running like she is, it was well worth it :beerchug2:

Here's a few pics; I'll try to get a sound clip soon. She's one mean-sounding bitch!

V6 coming out:
S2010522.jpg

V8 going in:
S2010530.jpg

Engine all done; a little wiring cleanup to do yet:
V8complete1.jpg

Pic of undercar/exhaust; headers hangin really low; catted, into Xpipe out through Borlas:
V8exhaust4.jpg

Feels nice to have this V8 in; thanks to all those who contributed to this project.
:thumb2:

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Glad to see it all finally come together. Especially after all the shit that damn shortblock gave me.

:beer:

Redfire_WNL

THE BEAST UNLEASHED!
Reaction score
Good job! Im sure it was challenging but in the end the finish product looks and I bet feels awesome.

chad05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great to hear. When do you plan on getting it to the rollers and tuned?

And then, of course... the track :beerchug2:

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Will probably see the track before dyno, lol. The tune is mainly done but may need some tweaking; it's a custom tune done by street tuning, which is what I need and wanted for right now. It's a 93-octane tune, taking advantage of the cams, delete plates, headers, etc.
With the blower going on in a month or two, that's when it'll see the dyno; might go sooner, though, just to get a couple base runs as she is now.

Yeah, it's f'n great to drive this baby! I think it's already broken in, lol.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Glad to see that FedEx did their job! Nice work my friend, I was happy to contribute!

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
You know guys, I really enjoyed the V6, especially with the blower. But after driving this new setup, real Mustangs should have a V8. For those of you who've put blowers on a V6, and you know the power difference that made with the blower? Image that improvement again (well, almost), on top of the blower. It's just that different. Very very fun! Power comes on much sooner, and much stronger. Yeah, it's been floored a time or two, lol!

Took it on a 200-mile cruise today, so it's pretty-much broken in, especially after being tuned as well.

The intake delete will be going on in the next couple of months. Need to work any issues that have and will come up, then it'll go on.

It was a LOT of work, but now I'm very glad I did it.

I need to find the brace/bracket that holds the thermostat housing in place, for '05-06 years. And I think the tranny mount is upside down or something, as the rear of the trans I think needs to be raised. Minor stuff.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back