NastyStang gets a Full Detail

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Sadly I haven't been able to do a full detail on my car in a while with buying a new house, work has been busy, etc. I have just been maintaining the sealant and wax so the car is protected. So, finally my car is going to be fully pampered this weekend. I'm expecting roughly 14-18 hours combined work time. :D

I'm going to be shooting for 95%+ paint correction and feel that I will obtain that. Process will be as follows:

• Wash
  • Clay
  • 2 or 3 Step Paint Correction
  • Sealant
  • LSP

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I generally start off by detailing the motor compartment a few days prior to doing a full detail in my personal vehicles. This helps break up the work which is a lot easier in my opinion.

Process was as follows:

Time: ~1.5 Hours

1Copy.jpg

3Copy.jpg

CloseCopy.jpg

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I always start my full details on my personal vehicles on Friday night with washing, drying, etc.

Process was as follows:

Time: ~2 Hours

This was my first time using the Iron-X and 1Z Einszett W99. I sprayed the whole car down with Iron-X noting the time. By the time I was done with the whole car it had been 3 minutes. I started "washing" the first panels sprayed as my fiance went behind me rinsing. It was dark so I can't say for sure but I don't think I had many deposits other than the rear end of the car. My guess is maybe it has something to do with the offroad mid pipe. I could see the discoloration dripped on the concrete at the rear and no where else. The smell is even worse than Sonax FE Wheel Cleaner, IMO.

I really like the 1Z Einszett W99. I put 2 oz of water and 3 oz of 1Z Einszett W99 into my foam cannon. I needed just a little bit more solution to really do the whole car well. I probably could get by with this solution knowing the coverage now. It's got a really nice, thick foam. It's got a citrus smell to it. It rinsed off quite well for how thick foam it put out. I was thinking I was going to spend a ton of time working on getting it rinsed. It seems like it got the paint super clean. I highly recommend it as a pre rinse prior to a full detail as it's citrus based and will strip the wax, etc from your paint.

No pictures of during the wash because it was dark. Funny enough I ran into a little snag... I started rinsing the car and the pressure washer stopped working. I reset the GFCI and nothing. So I pull the car in and the fiance and I run to the store to get another pressure washer. Home Depot didn't have anything I was interested in.. So we went into Walmart because I knew they sold Karachers. Buy the last one, get it unpacked realizing it isn't going to work with my foam cannon. I plug it in and nothing. Right than and there I realized the breaker was blown for whatever reason. Nothing was wrong with my pressure washer to begin with! Just one of those 'doh' moments.

WashingProductsFarCopy.jpg

WashingProductsCopy.jpg

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
Very cool! What are the advantages of the foam cannon etc? Is that like a prewash to remove most of the dirt before actually touching the paint?

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am goin gto PM for some more paticuliars on the engine bay detail..:beerdrink:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Clay Bar took a lot longer than I was expecting. I don't know if I was just going slower than normal, being more anal, being hot or all three of the above..

I must of just drove over some wet road paint. It was in a spot where I wouldn't of saw it but from how hard (not) it was to remove it was within the last few days. Side skirts were horrible, ended up rewashing them with some ONR and a new Honeycomb Bug Sponge. Beyond that the only other place where there was any significant amount of containment was right below the windows, next to the weatherstripping, there is a 1/4" wide strip of body that is facing up in which there was overspray from the body shop.

Process as Follows:

Time: ~2 Hours

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
And my neighbors think I take careful care of my car! Not compared to you. You have loads of patience dude. Black paint takes so much effort to really shine, but when it's polished.....there's nothing nicer.

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I love how you add links to the products. very nice man. i as well have rims similar as yours and your trust Sonax to not harm or eat away paint????

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
The last "couple of hours" I got to work with MY car I spent experimenting with the Flex 3401VRG for the first time and helping the fiance wash her car... There is a decent learning curve with the Flex 3401VRG compared to a traditional PC7424 or similar. Speed 5-6 (Usually 6) generally works the best with most polishes on the PC7424. The Flex 3401VRG needs 3-4, personally found just slightly more than 3 was perfect. It gave the product enough time to break down and work without turning it into dust. Speed 6 literally did nothing for the swirls with Meguiars #105. So you can't take the idea of more speed is better like you can with the PC7424. I've got my work cut out for me tomorrow since I was only able to get a couple panels done with #105.

And my neighbors think I take careful care of my car! Not compared to you. You have loads of patience dude. Black paint takes so much effort to really shine, but when it's polished.....there's nothing nicer.

It's funny one of my neighbors actually bought an electric pressure washer and a blower so he could wash his car, pretty cool guy. My other neighbor is the neighborhood drunk who is constantly up my ass. My other neighbor is cool, young, mind their own.

I love how you add links to the products. very nice man. i as well have rims similar as yours and your trust Sonax to not harm or eat away paint????

Yeah, Sonax is good to go. It's pretty strong but it's not going to eat the paint.

Last edited:

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
I like my car... But I dont think I like it that much to do this insane of a detail lol! Id rather pay somebody to professionally do it for me haha

blk5.0

forum member
Reaction score
I just got some d300 and the pads and backing plate can't wait to see how well that works. I never used 105 always 205.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Excellent Write-up, bro!!!!!!! Keep it coming. And a major thumbs up on taking the time to put all the links in the write-up!!

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Well, I fought with Meguiars #105 for a while. I just couldn't figure it out with the Flex 3401VRG. I played with pad selection, speed, pressure, arm speed, etc and finally found something that worked "decent". I was expecting more though. After some deliberation between my buddy and myself, he confirmed my belief that the humidity was wreaking havoc on #105.

Polish Step 1:

Time: I don't care.

105Copy.jpg

105HazeCopy.jpg

After105Copy.jpg

BLKBULLITT

forum member
Reaction score
Hey nasty youd know.. Is the California duster or whatever its called safe to remove any accumilated dust on the car? During the summer it gets pretty nice out here but theres a load of dust in the air and I really dont feel like washing the car all over and redetailing it and was contemplating the duster to remove any exess crap off of it.

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Well, I fought with Meguiars #105 for a while. I just couldn't figure it out with the Flex 3401VRG. I played with pad selection, speed, pressure, arm speed, etc and finally found something that worked "decent". I was expecting more though. After some deliberation between my buddy and myself, he confirmed my belief that the humidity was wreaking havoc on #105.

Interesting. Just did an E46 M with the Flex and 105/205 on medium cut/finishing pads. Didn't really have any problems with it, but I don't think the humidity was terribly bad either.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I need to get my ass out there and get on it. :beerdrink:

Hey nasty youd know.. Is the California duster or whatever its called safe to remove any accumilated dust on the car? During the summer it gets pretty nice out here but theres a load of dust in the air and I really dont feel like washing the car all over and redetailing it and was contemplating the duster to remove any exess crap off of it.

I would recommend against it. Do you have a pressure washer? If not, you can pick up an electrical pressure washer real cheap. Try to find something with 1.5 GPM. Purchase a foam cannon like I posted up in my first part of the detail. This will allow you to foam the car down, let it stew for a minute or two, rinse, and dry. It will come out great if it's only dusty. I'll use this method a lot since you avoid any sort of risk of micromarring, scratching, etc.

Interesting. Just did an E46 M with the Flex and 105/205 on medium cut/finishing pads. Didn't really have any problems with it, but I don't think the humidity was terribly bad either.

Yeah, #105 is terribly finicky regarding temperature and humidity. The last time I placed a large order I really was considering buying Menzerna and I'm really wishing I would of but you live and learn. I still am getting the results I wanted. I just had to deal with it, take more time, deal with more dust, etc than I would of ever anticipated. What speed did you find worked for you?

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
First couple of times I ran it at 5, but now I'm at 4, sometimes 3. With the forced rotation it seems to work better.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back