NastyStang's Replacement, NastyFX4

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Michael,

I missed the whole story on you getting rid of your Mustang.

Nice Pic of your New ride.

FrontAnglecopy.jpg

tigerhonaker

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
I have to say that I was Surprised when I saw you got Rid of the Mustang.
I actually thought you were one of the Die-Hards, Michael.

Things change though as time passes so I'm glad you found something else you like and can jump on it Modifying to your preference.

Terry

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Added the trailer brake controller and rear locker. It's pretty awesome to only need to add a switch and a transfer case control module to get a locker.

13ac61fc.jpg

RaptorSwitch.jpg

2b7661ca.jpg

I just had to get the rear bumper pad replaced. Plastic pins hold it onto the rear bumper. The center one snapped and made the cover loose. I got it replaced under warranty luckily though. Finally got the trailer brake controller programmed... $97 for 5 minutes worth of work with OASIS... Talk about lame.

I also got my Autospring 2" leveling kit installed. Ride is no different at all. My fiance' swears it rides better now. Got it aligned at a new tire store (same local company, just different location) and they did a much better job than the last store I was using. It's perfectly level but it has the appearance that the front is too high because the gap between the front fender and tire is larger than the back. I'm looking into getting a new block for the rear that will give me 1/2" to 1" of lift. They have a 3" block but that will give me roughly 1.5" of lift and that is too much.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I also got my Autospring 2" leveling kit installed. Ride is no different at all. My fiance' swears it rides better now. Got it aligned at a new tire store (same local company, just different location) and they did a much better job than the last store I was using. It's perfectly level but it has the appearance that the front is too high because the gap between the front fender and tire is larger than the back. I'm looking into getting a new block for the rear that will give me 1/2" to 1" of lift. They have a 3" block but that will give me roughly 1.5" of lift and that is too much.

Got my leveling kit installed also. It is still at Ford dealer that did it. They have broken the Vacuum Ring on the driverside hub 3 times already when trying to reinstall the axle shaft. Supposed to be ready tomorrow but it doesn't matter as I have been offshore for 2 1/2 weeks with another 5 days to go. Took them 2 weeks in put bed liner in, get the front windows tinted darker as I did not like the 30%, and install leveling kit.

Did they have to remove the axle shaft to install the leveling kit on your truck?

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Also should have ordered the Raptor TCCM as it allows the Locker to be engaged till 99 mph in 2wd and the F-150 one only allows till 15 or 20 mph.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
Did they have to remove the axle shaft to install the leveling kit on your truck?

Why in the hell did they have to remove your axle shafts? There is NO reason at all to remove axle shafts to install a leveling kit.. They are blowing smoke up your ass. It's a matter of removing the wheel, unbolting the UCA from spindle, taking a sledge hammer to it, unbolting the coil over from the top and bottom. Putting it in is a pain in the ass but you can unbolt the LCA or use a bottle jack to push the LCA down enough to get the coil over in. Eventually I'm going to order a set of coil overs for it to replace this set-up but I'm really amazed at how well it rides. What leveling kit did you go with?

Also should have ordered the Raptor TCCM as it allows the Locker to be engaged till 99 mph in 2wd and the F-150 one only allows till 15 or 20 mph.

I actually had to return that TCCM as it was the one for the 2012s and we found out 4LO would not work with it. The Raptor one is what I'm running now but it does not lock the rear end up to 99 mph. To get the locker to lock to 99 mph you have to have the off road mode / hill descent, etc that the Raptor comes equipped with. No one has even tried to do that yet as far as I Know.

05mustang_TT_charged

Because Race Car!!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I went with the ReadyLift Max Lift 2" Kit. I did not do much digging and payed to much for a leveling kit as it cost $250. After some ass time offshore I found the same company makes the same kits for a bunch of different resellers and you can get the same lift I got for $75. Live and Learn I guess.

I am still investigating why the axle shaft was removed. I know my wife has been waiting to drive it and it has been in the shop for almost 3 weeks due to them breaking the vacuum ring. Then they told me they put some miles on it trying to diagnose the "whirring" sound that was coming from the front end. Come to find out it was the drivers axle locked and the passenger spinning free. When you want 4x4 the solenoid bleeds the vacuum to the ring and engages the hubs.

Now I am taking the truck on a 700 mile round trip to Baytown when I get in to go to the NHRA Race. Hopefully nothing breaks or screws up during the trip.

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score
I can't imagine why they removed the axle shafts, there is just no reason. I can see the vacuum lines going to the hub being damaged during the installation. When you drop the the coilover the vacuum line stretches pretty hard during the time until you get the coilover back in. Maybe they were using a pry bar to get the LCA down further (which is fine) but it slipped and it took out the vacuum line and they didn't know. I'm really thinking this is what happened. So once they realized they weren't getting 4WD they thought something was up with the axle shafts. I don't know man, too weird.

I went with the 2" Autospring lift which gives you almost 2.5" lift, I think. It's perfectly level but the gap between the front tire and fender is larger than the rear like I said before. I contacted Autospring today and they have a 2" replacement block. The OEM block is 1.25" thick. I think 3/4" will give me a good rake. What do you think?

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Exactly the way my f150 would look If I were to trade in for one man. Nice ass truck.

You keeping the long antenna or getting a shorter one?

Back