need to know supporting mods for a pro charger

david carter

Reaction score
looking to pro charge 2006 mustang gt, I have a stage two clutch headers hpipes cold air intake, and short throw shifter.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
Your existing CAI, apart from maybe the filter, won't be any use with the Procharger. The supporting mods you'll need are:

Intercooler & piping
CMCV delete (optional but preferable)
Larger injectors
Dual GT500 fuel pumps
Dyno tune

If the engine is internally stock, a maximum boost of 7psi should yield a safe 450rwhp since you already have LT headers.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
If you haven't already purchased the procharge, you should just look at getting a complete kit from a vendor like brenspeed.com don't waste your time trying to piece something together.

StefanThePro

Reaction score
Turnkey is the cheapest way to go, unless you're a fabricator and even then, you'll only save yourself a small margin. After that you can either build your bottom end and rotating assembly up, along with adding boost.

13v6

Reaction score
Just remember, if you have more go, you need more whoa. Upgrade those brakes.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For supporting mods, wideband O2 sensor is the main thing I would suggest for tuning purposes.
If you haven't upgraded wheels and tires, plan to do it soon. The stock wheels and tire sizes have trouble putting down the power that a power adder puts out on these cars.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
Upgrade the suspension + brakes..... or you will have a handful on your hands. LCA /UCA / springs/shocks /struts / tires / wheels/ A real LSD/ etc, etc.

450 rwhp + loads of TQ is not to be trifled with. Think 285/305 rears .....and 275/285 fronts. Otherwise with oem, it will be a spinfest. 1 step forwards...and 3 steps backwards.

Laga

Reaction score
I have E-Force and pushing 500rwhp. Unless you do E85, your stock fuel pump will be fine.

Pentalab

forum member
Reaction score
I have E-Force and pushing 500rwhp. Unless you do E85, your stock fuel pump will be fine.

10 gauge wire, direct from battery terminal to fpcm in trunk, will reduce FPDC by 10% for the oem single pump. I measured 14.75 vdc at the battery terminal with my fluke 87. 80% FPDC @ 6 krpm with my M90 + 5.7 psi boost....(386 rwhp on a 2010 auto). If FPDC is still too high, a trunk mounted BAP will do the trick, with it's regulated 17 vdc output.

If you need more fuel, the dual GT-500 pumps will suffice.
Need still more? Dual BAP + dual GT-500 pumps is for extreme efforts...... but sucks 40A from the battery, so 8 gauge or paralleled 10 gauge required.

Laga

Reaction score
No. I was at 450 before E85. When I converted, Lito had me upgrade to Walpro 400lph pump with the 10ga wire to BAP. So unless the OP goes to E85 he should be good.

Sactown

Sactown
Reaction score
UCA and LCA are fine for suspension modes, the stock differential will be a problem if you plan on taking the car to the track, if you're not going to drag the car the stock diff is fine for now.. I burned up several rear ends from racing, so I would put that on the list of future items, along with a one piece drive shaft, the stock DS suck.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back