need to know supporting mods for a pro charger

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by david carter, Oct 15, 2019.

1. david carter

david carter Junior Member

looking to pro charge 2006 mustang gt, I have a stage two clutch headers hpipes cold air intake, and short throw shifter.

2. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Your existing CAI, apart from maybe the filter, won't be any use with the Procharger. The supporting mods you'll need are:

Intercooler & piping
    CMCV delete (optional but preferable)
    Larger injectors
    Dual GT500 fuel pumps
    Dyno tune

If the engine is internally stock, a maximum boost of 7psi should yield a safe 450rwhp since you already have LT headers.

3. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

If you haven't already purchased the procharge, you should just look at getting a complete kit from a vendor like brenspeed.com don't waste your time trying to piece something together.

4. Dino Dino Bambino

Dino Dino Bambino I have a red car

Agree. Get a complete turnkey package from Brenspeed. Not a Procharger but the similar Paxton.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    AndrewNagle likes this.
  5. StefanThePro

StefanThePro Junior Member

Turnkey is the cheapest way to go, unless you're a fabricator and even then, you'll only save yourself a small margin. After that you can either build your bottom end and rotating assembly up, along with adding boost.

6. 13v6

13v6 Junior Member

Just remember, if you have more go, you need more whoa. Upgrade those brakes.

AndrewNagle likes this.
  7. RED09GT

RED09GT Senior Member S197 Team Member

For supporting mods, wideband O2 sensor is the main thing I would suggest for tuning purposes.
    If you haven't upgraded wheels and tires, plan to do it soon. The stock wheels and tire sizes have trouble putting down the power that a power adder puts out on these cars.

8. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Upgrade the suspension + brakes..... or you will have a handful on your hands. LCA /UCA / springs/shocks /struts / tires / wheels/ A real LSD/ etc, etc.

450 rwhp + loads of TQ is not to be trifled with. Think 285/305 rears .....and 275/285 fronts. Otherwise with oem, it will be a spinfest. 1 step forwards...and 3 steps backwards.

9. Laga

Laga Member

I have E-Force and pushing 500rwhp. Unless you do E85, your stock fuel pump will be fine.

10. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

10 gauge wire, direct from battery terminal to fpcm in trunk, will reduce FPDC by 10% for the oem single pump. I measured 14.75 vdc at the battery terminal with my fluke 87. 80% FPDC @ 6 krpm with my M90 + 5.7 psi boost....(386 rwhp on a 2010 auto). If FPDC is still too high, a trunk mounted BAP will do the trick, with it's regulated 17 vdc output.

If you need more fuel, the dual GT-500 pumps will suffice.
    Need still more? Dual BAP + dual GT-500 pumps is for extreme efforts...... but sucks 40A from the battery, so 8 gauge or paralleled 10 gauge required.

11. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

You are running 500 whp on a stock fuel pump?

12. Laga

Laga Member

No. I was at 450 before E85. When I converted, Lito had me upgrade to Walpro 400lph pump with the 10ga wire to BAP. So unless the OP goes to E85 he should be good.

13. MrAwesome987

MrAwesome987 forum member

I wouldn't suggest running boost at all with a stock fuel pump...

14. Badd GT

Badd GT forum member

Just throw an extra quart or two of oil in and you will be ok!

MrAwesome987 likes this.
  15. Laga

Laga Member

I am not aware of any kits being recommended that do not include a BAP. For example. http://www.brenspeed.com/fbpaxton.html. Although I would avoid Brenspeed. I was a huge fanboy of them, until they wouldn't fix a tune.

16. Sactown

Sactown Sactown

UCA and LCA are fine for suspension modes, the stock differential will be a problem if you plan on taking the car to the track, if you're not going to drag the car the stock diff is fine for now.. I burned up several rear ends from racing, so I would put that on the list of future items, along with a one piece drive shaft, the stock DS suck.