Need to relocate my power steering reservoir

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Hi Steve,

I need the bracket

RESERVOIR BRACKET - 2010 FORD MUSTANG (AR3Z3489A)

Probably the hoses?

RETURN HOSE - 2010 FORD MUSTANG (7R3Z3A713A)

RESERVOIR HOSE - 2010 FORD MUSTANG (AR3Z3691A)

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Hi James and sorry Steve for posting here but want to know what is the plan here to see if I can help.

I went thru part of this stuff (got the bracket already) but found the reservoir is different from the older years so did it differently.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Was planning on using my existing reservoir. d'oh!

Looks like return hose is identical, 7R3Z3A713A, won't need that. Reservoir hose for '08 is 7R3Z3691B, different.

'08 reservoir: 4R3Z3A697AA

'10: 4R3Z-3A697-AA

Hmmm....

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
'10 reservoir: 8L2Z-3E764-A

I wanted to move this out because I was planning to use a '10 CAI (which started using '11 coyote shape) I thought about this too and got the bracket thinking that would do it, then considered the hose routing and found the '10 reservoir had the hoses on a similar location (but different) as I was rotating it, thought the '10 had the connections inverted, wrong.

Ended just making a bracked to keep it in the stock location but moved it inward and downward and that worked for me. (until I install an EPAS soon)

edit: I am not saying you can not make your current reservoir work, I think you can with the right hoses, I even got a both sides barbed connector and was looking for hose to do this until we went for the custom bracket route, specially because we wanted a temporary solution.

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
That is good, if you replace everything it should work, lol.

Please post the reservoir and hose differences as you receive if you can.

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
I had to move mine too. Put in a Moroso unit, hung if off the shock tower drivers side. Just had to extend a few lines. Easy.

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
7R3Z3691B
8L2Z-3E764-A

Also:
M-5230-S
http://www.tascaparts.com/exhaust/muffler-kit-fr500s-mgt/msvt-2005-09/m-5230-s/

Can I get a quote for fedex shipping for this stuff to S7P 0A4, Canada? Basically need to know if the exhaust will be a fortune to ship. Locally they want $830 plus 10% taxes = $913. I wonder if things are as expensive for Lito?

Sorry I forgot to check back in here.

7R3Z*3691*B $22.21
8L2Z*3E764*A $52.91
M-5230-S $495.00

So $570.12 in parts, we don't ship Fedex to Canada. We use USPS or UPS. Our website gives a basic quote of about $80 for just the mufflers, I'd have to continue further in the checkout process to see what the details are.

Shoot me an e-mail address and I'll send you a link with the prices above and you can play with the shipping calculator.

Steve

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
That is good, if you replace everything it should work, lol.

Please post the reservoir and hose differences as you receive if you can.

I managed to order the wrong "reservoir hose" and got a copy of the one on my car. Luckily they are inexpensive and I will try again, I need a new bunch of odds and ends from Tasca anyway.

The reservoir itself is 99% identical, it might be 2% smaller in diameter, slightly different cap and top cover - once I get the current one emptied I will try to install it on the 2010 bracket. The 2010 bracket fits right up to existing studs on the head and clears the stupid 2005-2007 cooling octopus, and also the gigantic new degas I have on the rad shroud, AND the coolant bypass hose (1-1/4" dia?) that goes between the lower intake and the octopus. It's all just jammed in there. It's a question whether the new reservoir to pump hose (it's the large diameter one,) will go between the reservoir and the pump inlet since it has to clear that cooling stuff, but I'll know shortly. On a car with the thermostat in the intake (2.3 TVS,) things would be great.

My OEM power steering cooler ($180 USD) is leaking at one of the connections. For $30 I can get a derale compact cooler. I might do this, then I can stick it wherever and use a/n fittings and line. It seems to be on the return side of the rack.

Last edited:

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck with all that, report your results if you don't mind, in the mean time I have a 4 letter word for you, EPAS, lol. (I know is expensive but couldn't be happier myself)

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe one day the price will drop on the 302R unit (or whatever it is.) I looked at the flaming river rack but don't want to slow down the steering very much.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Cx2nuao.jpg

Depressingly poor photo of the two reservoirs.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
YeXvfW0.jpg

Bang, the 2010 spec feed line for the pump fits. I will shorten it a bit on the pump side to allow it to better clear the thermostat housing... and cover it in loom. I'm going to clearance the reservoir bracket so it can go in behind the thermostat hanger and give a little more space for the radiator hose.

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
You can spend all that time and money for the 2010 parts. I opted for the FREE route and just made a bracket without disconnecting a single hose.

Last edited:

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
I understand that, but you replaced the entire reservoir.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back