New 2014 GHIG 5.0. Sealant or not?

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Can the reload or hydr02 get on the vinyl/dip? Thanks for the heads up.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Dumbass needs to just search, read and STFU but he probably won't.

Why don't you watch your fucking mouth and stop being a little bitch telling people to STFU and name-calling over an internet forum?

I am semi self-taught in four different coding languages and am working on two online businesses, own my home and a 2014 5.0 at 24, I think I'm not the dumb ass. GTFO of my thread if you don't like it.

I was simply curious what to do about getting sealant on the stripes should it happen. Obviously if there is one that will wipe off easily without fucking it up that's what I'm going to go with so I don't have to tape it off or something. Your sig says you own an edge, why are you even still here.

Stop bumping my threads with useless bitching. Thanks.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Why don't you watch your fucking mouth and stop being a little bitch telling people to STFU and name-calling over an internet forum?

I am semi self-taught in four different coding languages and am working on two online businesses, own my home and a 2014 5.0 at 24, I think I'm not the dumb ass. GTFO of my thread if you don't like it.

I was simply curious what to do about getting sealant on the stripes should it happen. Obviously if there is one that will wipe off easily without fucking it up that's what I'm going to go with so I don't have to tape it off or something. Your sig says you own an edge, why are you even still here.

Waaaaaa, take the sand out of your pussy. If you're so smart, you should know how to search, read and find the answers. Your questions aren't unique.

Edit: I'm still here because I like the forum and have friends here. Also, to keep little whiny bitches like you in check. Get over it lol

Last edited:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score

Keep patting yourself on the back........ No one here give 2 shits! There are real fucking money men here, none of them brag. It's a mute point that is childish to bring into a conversation.

Round these parts, people are judged by their savvy. Based on the consistent desire to deflect solid information, I personally think you are dense and should go to a site like:

http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/
OR
www.allfordmustangs.com

We have all tried to tell you repeatedly, if you seal factory paint you are not doing your car any good. But have at it with your walmart buffer, you will need real professional help once you realize the error in your ways. You will need a heavy duty professional correction, after you fuck it up.

Edit: The fellow above me has more savvy than you do ego. Just FYI.

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Waaaaaa, take the sand out of your pussy

Yes I am clearly the one with sand in my "pussy"... Yet I'm not the one that comes on mustang forums when I no longer have a mustang and just rage posts at people insulting them for no reason at all.
Speaking of me having a "pussy", I'd just like to point out that my dick has more cubic inches than your motor. Get it right.

Keep patting yourself on the back...
Round these parts, people are judged by their savvy. Edit: The fellow above me has more savvy than you do ego. Just FYI.

I guess I will keep patting myself on the back... After all, If not for people like me you wouldn't have a forum to act tough on, you're welcome.

And as far as the "savvy" shit, what information has he given to show he knows anything at all? All I ever see him do is put people down. It's kind of a joke really. I've done my own supercharger install, with help from the forum but nonetheless... I've also done my own LT header install, wired my own gauges, and other little things of the sort like that. I'm getting there, so please rise off his dick and grow up.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Yes I am clearly the one with sand in my "pussy"... Yet I'm not the one that comes on mustang forums when I no longer have a mustang and just rage posts at people insulting them for no reason at all.
Speaking of me having a "pussy", I'd just like to point out that my dick has more cubic inches than your motor. Get it right.

I guess I will keep patting myself on the back... After all, If not for people like me you wouldn't have a forum to act tough on, you're welcome.

And as far as the "savvy" shit, what information has he given to show he knows anything at all? All I ever see him do is put people down. It's kind of a joke really. I've done my own supercharger install, with help from the forum but nonetheless... I've also done my own LT header install, wired my own gauges, and other little things of the sort like that. I'm getting there, so please rise off his dick and grow up.

Quoted so when you edit it it will still been seen how stupid and childish you are lol. You really don't understand this forum, boy. It's like Family. Now go off and buy some wax and when you don't see it on the shelf, start a new thread about the store employee taking your wax for a joy shine :roflmao:

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
There is more of that sand. Take my advice and change forums. If it were not for people like me, none of the power used to make your business/interwebs run, would ever be utilized. Your welcome for the power to show how fucking neurotic you are. You have done bolt ons? Oh my! Such fucking talent.

Enjoy your plasti dip on your 40k car. Dumbass

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Quoted so when you edit it it will still been seen how stupid and childish you are lol. You really don't understand this forum, boy. It's like Family. Now go off and buy some wax and when you don't see it on the shelf, start a new thread about the store employee taking your wax for a joy shine :roflmao:

Oh shit it was this fucking guy here that was sure the dealership was abusing a car he had not took delivery of yet :thud:

We got us a fucking winner!

Hang around Justin, we are lacking in the comedic relief department.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
Apparently you haven't seen fully dipped lambos, bugattis etc. Keep reaching. Dumbass.

My point to that was, let me explain as its fucking beyond you, you spent 40k on the car, why not spend $150 and have it painted and cleared? Oh wait I know, you wanted that " I don't give a fuck I'm new age edgy. Look at my shit paint work sealed up and my faded plasti dip."

You are more concerned with keeping sealer off the vinyl stripes, than prepping the paint before sealing...
I'm so old school, when I paint parts, it's with real fucking paint.....

Last edited:

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Why not spend $150 and have it painted and cleared? "Look at my shit paint work sealed up and my faded plasti dip."

Because $8. And because you can peel dip off when it fades and redo it, and have it look new again... for less than $8 since I had enough left over in the can to do it again.

Continue spending more money than me for the same result, you're a money slinging bad ass.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
Everyone need to have there rides done by Johnathan, when we got the car above back home the paint was literally "flawless". It looks like a black mirror.

Are you going to pay for the transportation because if so than hell yeah!

I would just like to point out that I am pretty sure the correct phrase should have been get the sand out of your vagina. Put I mean I guess pussy works too but it doesn't quite roll of the tongue as well.

What the fuck this nigga just say? :thud:

You seem to fancy yourself a well educated and an accomplished individual because you put a supercharger on a car and put in some long tubes and whatever laundry list of achievements you felt necessary to spill out as if you were writing a resume. As such why not listen to those that have more experience than you do? Or why not heed the advice of searching? Are you afraid to gain new knowledge and expand your horizons for fear that you might have to take an additional 2 or 3 hours to properly detail your car?

Welcome to S197, where we don't spoon feed you the answer. We may be a bunch of condescending, foul mouthed assholes but we are nicest bunch of assholes you will meet. Search for your question because I can guarantee you that it has been answered before.

Apparently you haven't seen fully dipped lambos, bugattis etc. Keep reaching. Dumbass.

I have about 15 or 20 boxes of items from an investment banker that I can no longer give back to him because he is currently in prison. Inside one of them is a couple of pictures of him with his Ferrari. Just because someone is rich and has a nice car, does that mean that what they do is a smart or wise thing?

Because $8. And because you can peel dip off when it fades and redo it, and have it look new again... for less than $8 since I had enough left over in the can to do it again.

Continue spending more money than me for the same result, you're a money slinging bad ass.

Sure, but it looks like absolute shit up close. Have you ever seen a dipped car up close? It looks like the crater of the moon and is just terrible. I have seen only a few cars (maybe 1 or 2) that have had only a bad case of orange peel on the finish. If I was going to do something like that, vinyl all the way. It is more expensive but you get a much better result and from the looks of it we are two different people. I would rather spend the money to have a better product or finish rather than go cheap.

BEAST

CHEROKEE NOOB HUNTER
Reaction score
:highfive:

Well said.

I'm sure for the right price, Johnathan would fly to see you. Likely much cheaper than sending me your car and letting me play with it on the way to his business.

justinsstang

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome to S197, where we don't spoon feed you the answer. We may be a bunch of condescending, foul mouthed assholes but we are nicest bunch of assholes you will meet. Search for your question because I can guarantee you that it has been answered before.
I don't need welcomed to the forum. I have been around long enough to know how things go here, but there's honestly no fucking reason for people to be ass holes. It's like some people wake up in the morning and say to themselves "I'm going to go flame people over the internets today, have nothing better to do!"

Sure, but it looks like absolute shit up close. Have you ever seen a dipped car up close? It looks like the crater of the moon and is just terrible.
The dip on my hood vents does not look crater-ish or look like shit either one. I had never dipped anything in my life, but it's all how you spray it. I know what you're talking about, but not ALL dip looks that way. Mine looks smooth, and almost OEM matching the matte vinyl stripe. I will take a pic for you to confirm when I have daylight tomorrow.

If I was going to do something like that, vinyl all the way. It is more expensive but you get a much better result and from the looks of it we are two different people. I would rather spend the money to have a better product or finish rather than go cheap.
Do you have any idea how much of a pain in the ass it would be to vinyl wrap the hood vents? That's a lot of measuring and cutting. Only way I would do that is if I bought the pre-cut kit, but even then...

I don't even know why people are so focused on the dipped hood vents. It's ONLY THE HOOD VENTS. Lol!! It's not like i dipped half the fucking car pink or something. I dipped the hood vents to break up the green a little, added black wheels, swapped out the 5.0 badges for black ones and tinted the windows. The green looks good, but it was just too much. It was just one thing in a series of steps I took to make it to my liking. I did the dip on the vents knowing I can peel it off if I grew tired of it or if it didn't turn out right. I was not going to pull the vents out, strip the paint on the vents on my brand new car, and have it repainted. IMO that is the dumb way to go when I may actually want the green back later.

This thread was about protecting the paint with sealant, and if said sealant would discolor or otherwise ruin the matte stripes if I got it on them. As I said before, there aren't swirls in my paint, there are not chips. It only has a slight orange peel. If it does have tiny swirls that I can't see without the light hitting a certain way at a certain time of day with your head laying on the fucking hood cocked at a certain angle with one eye open and squinting the other I don't CARE, because YOU CAN'T REALLY NOTICE! It's good enough for who it's for. It's not a damn show car it's my daily driver and I see no point in removing clear coat with a 1-2 step when it looks great to me. The goal was to get sealant on it and do it every 6 months or so to prevent BAD swirls etc.

Edit: Don't see why these two guys are so up my ass about it. I'm a small guy. My ass is not that big. I really wish these dicks would find the exit to my anus and see their way out.

Last edited:

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
You're a dumbass, I assure you there is swirls. Also, correcting paint barely cuts clear coat away. Like we've said, you need to shut up and read. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back