DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I like Chemical Guys stuff, never tried their scent, though, lol

Do you have leather or cloth?

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Have you cleaned and conditioned your leather lately. That usually helps to make it smell new. Hell, in a new car with leather the "new" smell is pretty much leather smelling, lol

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Have you cleaned and conditioned your leather lately. That usually helps to make it smell new. Hell, in a new car with leather the "new" smell is pretty much leather smelling, lol

I know what you mean with the leather, but it still gives off this sweet aroma that is a bit different from the smell of leather. I haven't conditioned my leather in a while actually. What should I go pick up?

CMK720

forum member
Reaction score
I was cleaning my seats the other day and the black from the seat was coming off??!!! I was wtf now you can see a different shade of black throughout the seat...so be careful of what you use.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I know what you mean with the leather, but it still gives off this sweet aroma that is a bit different from the smell of leather. I haven't conditioned my leather in a while actually. What should I go pick up?

Off the shelf- Meguire's Leather cleaner and conditioner

Better stuff- Lexol leather conditioner and the PH cleaner, the Leatherique line of stuff is crazy good, Einszett 1Z Lederpflege Leather Care.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks, DKS. I'm going to clean out the interior tomorrow, and do the seats with the Meguire's stuff. I'll also clean all the vinyl, carpet, plastics, etc. and see what that does with the smell. I generally use Turtle Ice for my interior, so I'll search around and see if I need to change anything up.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was cleaning my seats the other day and the black from the seat was coming off??!!! I was wtf now you can see a different shade of black throughout the seat...so be careful of what you use.

Similar thing happened to me a few weekends back. I was using Meguiar's Gold Class Cleaner/Conditioner Gel and I noticed the terry cotton applicator pad I was using was turning black. I don't think it changed the shade of my seats, though.

Off the shelf- Meguire's Leather cleaner and conditioner

Better stuff- Lexol leather conditioner and the PH cleaner, the Leatherique line of stuff is crazy good, Einszett 1Z Lederpflege Leather Care.

I ordered Leatherique from Autogeek last week. Should be here by Friday. :highfive:

Reaction score
;)
4B0FF7C2.jpg
J/K............. :)

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I use one of the foam tire applicator pads to apply my leather cleaner. Not that's the best way, just what I find works best for me. It's pretty easy and no mess. Spreads it out evenly, too. And it wastes less product.

whyask

forum member
Reaction score
+1 The foam applicator helps more than you could imagine ! There cheap to like 4 for 5-7 bucks i think ! Check out your local autoparts store !

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I cleaned my car earlier like crazy. The interior does have a nice "new" smell to it, but it's just not that new car smell that I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on the Meguire's leather stuff, it worked out amazing.

I think I'm going to snag a bottle of the Chemical guys spray and give it a try.

herbie3417

Reaction score
lanes makes really good products. i use their tire shine wax and the new car smell. actually there leather conditioner and cleaner is good as well. just my opinion but i like their stuff and its not to pricey

FalconGTHO

The Reporter
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
The original "new" smell is a result of the chemicals in the plastic "gassing out". There are certain brands of plastic storage bins and certain types within those brands that are crafted from the same plastic used in our cars. I have walked by them on store shelves and been knocked back by the dead on accurate scent. Buy one of these bins, cut it up and hang a piece of it from your mirror. Or cut a bigger piece and put one under each seat. New smell recharged.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back