New cg wax

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
I use quite a few of their products....V07, Blacklight etc. But their hype just kills me. Just when you think the hype of their previous hyped product can't get anymore hyped, they come out with something else that exceeds the previous maximum human conception of what hype is. Did I hype that enough LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????

BlackReign

forum member
Reaction score
I like it, and may have to order some since I was getting ready to order Lava. Hopefully it just as durable as I've heard Lava is since I'm in the south and the car sits outside 24/7.

But damn that guy in the video gets on my nerves. I talk with my hands a lot, but that was OVER the top.

Last edited:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
welcome to CG. They make good products but they vary slightly from new revision to revision and make it out to be the next greatest thing you cannot live without.

Don't get me wrong they make some of the best products out there for the dollar, but their marketing is definitely interesting. That being said, if you liked Lava and have a dark colored car, you'll like this.

This does not mean this will not work on a lighter vehicle... all this has in it that makes it any real different from lava is, it has more anti static properties so dust will not show as much.

It will look exactly like lava.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
^ I was thinking the same thing Seer. This is pretty much lava with a "black" twist, even though the clear coat is still.....clear. lol

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
So I use this on my Race Red and be OK? Is this better than the Zymol Carbon for my car?

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
So I use this on my Race Red and be OK? Is this better than the Zymol Carbon for my car?

CG Black will work on any color. It has an anti static property behind it which leaves darker colored cars looking dust free longer.

I know a lot about the development of Lava and Black in depth.

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well I'm willing to try it sometime. Been doing the Blacklight then V07 spray sealant routine. I was going to try Lava anyway. I'll hold out for BLACK at some point this winter when I wanna play out in the garage some.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Well I'm willing to try it sometime. Been doing the Blacklight then V07 spray sealant routine. I was going to try Lava anyway. I'll hold out for BLACK at some point this winter when I wanna play out in the garage some.

you may as well buy Black if you don't own Lava yet.

HitandRunDriver

Amateur Goon
Reaction score
welcome to CG. They make good products but they vary slightly from new revision to revision and make it out to be the next greatest thing you cannot live without.

That's probably the one thing I have to knock them for...I always get updated on their new youtube videos where Jay is just soooo excited to sell me more car wash soap even though I already have four different kinds from them...

Seer

forum member
Reaction score

in some ways yes, in some ways no. Carbon is a pure carnauba wax. Lava and Black are hybrids.

Truly the next best upgrade for you is Glasur. I actually happen to have a slightly used jar for sale too :D

Timmbo

forum member
Reaction score
Well I got in the Chemical Guys Black last week and tried it on my black 2012 Harley Road King. Did a full prep on the finish. Wash, IPA wipedown, clay. Wet sanded a few spots with 3m's Trizact 3000 sanding pad. Love that over traditional paper. Harley paint can tend to be soft so I used Meguiars Ultimate compound with an LC orange pad on my PC. Believe it or not, Ultimate Compound will fully buff out areas sanded with 3000. Very impressed. Plus very little to any dust or hazing like you would get if you used Meguiars 105. After compounding I polished out any compounding haze with 3M's Ultra Fine polish compound. Similar to Menzerna P085RD. Used a high powered LED flashlight to check my work. No haze, no scratches. Very happy. Topped that off with 2 coats of Blacklight and two coats of Black. Stunning. Going to do the same process on the Mustang starting this week. I do have some Menzerna P085RD coming in Wednesday. Once I've compounded the car I'm going to have some fun and spend quite a bit of time jeweling with the Menzerna and see if it lives up to the hype. Then of course a couple coats of Blacklight followed by two coats of Black.

The other thing about Black is well....it's black lol. Stains your hands temporarily like a shoe polish would. However, it washes out of your microfibers with no problem.

cavero

forum member
Reaction score
Interesting. I think I might have actually seen a difference in the demo video. But no before/after pictures?

http://www.chemicalguys.com/Lava_Luminous_Glow_Infusion_epic_shine_formula_p/wac_310.htm

Chemical Guys said:
Lava combines innovation and precision engineering with advanced color enhancement technology to truly change the way you view paintwork forever. Lava takes colors to the next level of amazing.

Hmmm I wonder what the effects on Tungsten would be. The guy said good for any light color, but would it bring out the undesirable quality of tungsten?--that damn purple

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back