~ New Guy & WannaBe Drifter - V6 Drift Spec ~

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, :omfg:
My name is Anthony of the Fallon Clan. I come to you all the the way from Ireland :beerchug2: and now reside in New York as of Last year.............. RoCk N' RooOOOLLLLL

I bought a Pony last Jan with only 342miles for a steal of a price and now have 11,400 miles on her now :clap:

I want to make a V6 Drift Spec if possible and would appricate anyones knowledge from this AweSome Forum.

As of Now the car is a stock 2007 V6 PonyPackage 5-Spd with the only upgrade or change being a K&N square air intake filter.

I was talkin to Vaughn Gittin JR - A drift pro and he advised by first upgrade to be a GT 8.8 rear end swop with a ford racing differential.

Any other Suggestions? Thank You :party:

Here are some Pics at present:

8940187a9934595921l.jpg

8940187a9934595902l.jpg

FILE0034-1.jpg

8940187a9934595985l.jpg

ittalks.jpg

mecar.jpg

4220_105766545559_604350559_3177549.jpg

Me Back in the Day:

Anto.jpg

Lee's05GT

Formally Qksixx
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
get a powerhouse turbo kit....and im not sure about v6's drifting might be do-able with a turbo kit....maybe a v8 would help to?

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
Thats very much Qksixx and Anthony. Much appreciated.

I will start with the 8.8" rear end & Trac Lock along with pads and leave Turbo for a winter project. What are the advantages of the "STAINLESS STEEL BRAIDED BRAKE HOSES:
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb....Z5Z5Z50000016b" over stock can you recomend some good Suspension/Coilover package besides tein.
Cheers

aeraceranthony

forum member
Reaction score
The difference between the V6 and the GT brakes are the size of the front rotors. The calipers and rear brakes are the same.

I drive a 05 V6 auto with a powerhouse turbo kit, dual fuel pumps, and kenne bell boost a pump on its way.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
The difference between the V6 and the GT brakes are the size of the front rotors. The calipers and rear brakes are the same.

I drive a 05 V6 auto with a powerhouse turbo kit, dual fuel pumps, and kenne bell boost a pump on its way.

ok that sounds good, Im glad I came to this fourm... very helpfull indeed.

I went to a Excedy stand at the last Formula D drift event and they said they dont do Clutches for V6's. I would say if I get the Turbo uprade my stock clutch wont last long.

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
ok that sounds good, Im glad I came to this fourm... very helpfull indeed.

I went to a Excedy stand at the last Formula D drift event and they said they dont do Clutches for V6's. I would say if I get the Turbo uprade my stock clutch wont last long.

and unless you want to be missing third gear all time, you should upgrade the tranny for drifting. Even to a 3650 off a GT would be better. nice car, is it black or alloy?

P.S. the forewarning from anthony about drifting v6 mustangs around here is because of some dipshit who came on here asking for advice then not wanting to hear any of it, and continuing on to piss off many many people by saying mustangs suck in general and making completely unneccesary personal attacks. That being said, welcome aboard and what have you done to your car so far? the exterior looks tastefully done. :beerchug2:

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
oh, another thing, I think would be needed, would be a GT gas tank. The V6 gas tank does not have a baffle, GT one does. Finding one at a junkyard would be your best bet unless you could build one.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
If you are looking for coil overs a company called Ground-Control will set you upwith a coil over kit that can be used with any stock or aftermarket shock of your choice. Plus they will ask you what your intensions are with the car. Then they will match up a spring rate for you. The sell for 440 shipping extra. Griggs racing uses them in thier top cars. With a set of gears with the 8.8 ,coil overs and a minimun of a tuner and CAI. It should increase your fun quite a bit.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
If you are looking for coil overs a company called Ground-Control will set you upwith a coil over kit that can be used with any stock or aftermarket shock of your choice. Plus they will ask you what your intensions are with the car. Then they will match up a spring rate for you. The sell for 440 shipping extra. Griggs racing uses them in thier top cars.

LOL. Not quite..

They use the GC/Koni coilover system for their "street" front suspension, not the $440 conversion kit. Griggs "top" cars are sporting about $12,000+ worth of suspension deliciousness (a little rich for my budget right now).

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
LOL. Not quite..

They use the GC/Koni coilover system for their "street" front suspension, not the $440 conversion kit. Griggs "top" cars are sporting about $12,000+ worth of suspension deliciousness (a little rich for my budget right now).

This is true, I wanted the TT kit unitl I realized how many possessions of mine I'd have to sell... :thud:

aeraceranthony

forum member
Reaction score
If the op is set on using a Tein setup, they only have 2 kits for our cars, the Type Flex and the Super Street. The type Flex system cost around $2300 and the Super Street system cost around $1600. If going this route, I suggest the Type Flex sytem in that you can add the EDFC and motors to the sytem and "will allow the you to adjust the damping force from inside the vehicle via a control unit." (Tein site)

Before modding your car, I highly suggest you get a lot of time in the car stock and adjust the car to what you feel is needed later on. That is with any car sport weather it be drag racing, autoX, road racing, ect..

flaming70vw

forum member
Reaction score
Get a k member brace with torque limiters to help with shifting, sway bars, and urethane bushings all around. Have fun and then get a tire sponsorship.

dafridgea

forum member
Reaction score
S197 Forum Drift Mustang Project

Thank you Kindy

and unless you want to be missing third gear all time, you should upgrade the tranny for drifting. Even to a 3650 off a GT would be better. nice car, is it black or alloy?
Its Tungsten Grey

can I get a 3650 to fit on a 4.0... please forgive me if I'm asking silly questions you guy are giving me so much info, its making my head spin.... in a good Way :D

tr3650_mustang_transmission.jpg

P.S. the forewarning from anthony about drifting v6 mustangs around here is because of some dipshit who came on here asking for advice then not wanting to hear any of it, and continuing on to piss off many many people by saying mustangs suck in general and making completely unneccesary personal attacks.
thanks for clearing that up I always see drifting getting a bad wrap on forums .... comments like "Drifting is GaY" & "ThEir Takin OuR Joooobs!" ............. O wait scratch that last comment.. thats from something else.

That being said, welcome aboard and what have you done to your car so far? the exterior looks tastefully done. :beerchug2:
Thank you so far just a K&N square air intake filter & Ford Racing Oil Filter. O and I'm in the process of tightening my handBrake:thud:

oh, another thing, I think would be needed, would be a GT gas tank. The V6 gas tank does not have a baffle, GT one does. Finding one at a junkyard would be your best bet unless you could build one.
Ya, a junk yard is my best Bet not a hope of me building Wone... that reminds me I NEED TooLS!! one would say I'm baffled.... no Pun intended.:oops1:

All you need is suspension and an LSD
I like it you make it seem so Simple :lol:

LOL. Not quite..

Tein sounds like the way to go.

Before modding your car, I highly suggest you get a lot of time in the car stock and adjust the car to what you feel is needed later on. That is with any car sport weather it be drag racing, autoX, road racing, ect..
Very True I agree. I go to a www.Clubloose.com Event once a mouth and really getting to know my car there. Clubloose Nightmoves is like a massive parking lost at Englishtown, New Jersey where they layout cones and let ya you run wild..... its Awsome to say the least.

Get a k member brace with torque limiters to help with shifting, sway bars, and urethane bushings all around. Have fun and then get a tire sponsorship.
Tire SponsorShip!!! I like your sTyle! ha ha some day man I'm so beginner.
:wow: I thought all mondern cars would have urethane bushings as stock... I guess these auto manufacturers are on a really tight budget

Or lots of visits to your local junk yard. Your going to burn through the tires, so it doesn't matter what the tire(as long as there is lots of tread).
I really have to get a spare set of wheels as well as tires. At the moment I have 17" 235 55 R17 they seem to do the Trick.

Here is a clip I asked the flag-Guy to take:omfg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJrwTwUgpuc Click on HD

By the way before the affects of the coffee I just had wears off I might aswell keep typing and ask a few more Questions.. Like that annoying curious child at a Zoo............... da wee bastard

WHEEL SPACERS!: do those things serve a purpose? or are they just all show?

How much will a decent rollcage cost? All I need is a 6 pt or better rollcage with either X or nascar doorbar.

Ok so this is what she LQQKs like so far:

S197 Forum Drift Mustang Project
S197ForumDriftMustangProject.png

ha ha and heres me thinkin I just need money for tires

alloy6ix

Wiener Dog Racer
Reaction score
yeah dude, just giving you the heads up on drifting. No point in you paying for some other pricks mistake. lol. As far as that list of mods, that looks good, and remember cost of installation on some of those things. That could be another couple of grand as well. Oh, and your car is tungsten? no shit?? lol. those are some misleading pics. haha. As far as the 3650 bolting right up, even I'm not sure of that. input shafts could be different, you'd need a different shifter, and maybe flange to the driveshaft. wheel spacers pretty much just make the wheels flush with the fenders, someone correct me if they do otherwise. And roll cages, I think Maximum motorsports has one for like $300 or so, but once again, the installation... And for drifting, like autoX, would you need a crossbar?

Back