New Member looking to Learn (and buy) about 2005-2009 GT models

Charan

Reaction score
Hello,

I finally have some money and want to pursue years 2005-2009 GT models

I would like to know if there is a go to check list or things to know on everything from issues to maintenance to what mileage I should look for and overall what to expect. I want the body and am willing to put in work to get a car in good mechanical shape...just prefer to stay away from body work...Let me know if I am going about this all wrong.

Thanks

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
The later models (08-09) have some issues resolved from the earlier cars that might make them worth pursuing over the earlier ones. Mainly radiator hose simplification and some other minor fixes. As for mileage, lower is always better. I bought mine with 132k miles and have 153k on it now. Still runs great.

Dino Dino Bambino

I have a red car
Reaction score
There's plenty of information on the www and in Youtube about common issues on the 05-09 GT. If you can afford to buy an 09 model, that would be the best choice. By then all the TSBs that affected earlier models had been resolved, and it also came with the more reliable Denso alternator.
High mileage isn't necessarily an issue if the car has been well maintained and has a full service history. A very low mileage isn't necessarily a good thing either so I'd suggest you find a clean-looking example with enough mileage to suggest that it's been driven regularly, take it for a test drive and if you like it, ask for a multi-point inspection before you make the final decision. Any minor faults found could be used as bargaining tools to lower the asking price.

Iceman62

Bullitt 6005
Reaction score
Check PO's records f/ service, fixes, etc...ensure proper maint milestones were completed. Also check the rubber (tires). Mine were original & shot (hard) so had to dump $600 right off the bat f/ new skins.

Back