New Member - Need advise on Hot Rod Cams.

Guirguis88

Reaction score
Hello people, I'm new to this forum.... or new to forums in general.
I own an 08 GT, so far i have BBK CAI, Granatelli Motor Sports MAF, Ford Racing Throttle Body, Ford Racing Intake Manifold, BBK Pulleys, Brisk Spark plugs, Granatelli Coils, Ford Racing Hot Rod Cams, Kooks LT Headers, Kooks H-Pipe, Borla Cat-Back Exhaust, Tuned with Bama (horrible by the way, but hoping to Dyno within the next month when i install my new 35lb injectors and Drive shaft).

My issues is that i can hear my exhaust pipes shaking when i Idle due to the Hot Rod Cams' rough Idle, and my arm rest/center console shakes too. Does anyone have any quick fixes for these issues other than replacing the Cams?

Last edited by a moderator:

MrAwesome987

forum member
Reaction score
Sell it and get a mini van...

Lopey cams are going to shake. I suppose a better tune could maybe help a bit, but I doubt it. Or you could also have a misfire, but if that's the case, it'd probably throw a code.

Guirguis88

Reaction score
Thanks for the response MrAwesome987. I'm 100% sure it's not a misfire. I'm hoping to get it Dyno tuned towards the end of this month. But I'm looking for more of a fix to hold that exhaust pipes in place so i dont hear the shaking. i feel the Cams are just designed that way - just to rough idle.

06StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
You can check your muffler mounts. The rubber disintegrates and will cause an annoying rattle in the car. If you've found they are shot, get with Steve @ Tasca for the updated part.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Getting rid of the stock motor mounts will limit the amount of engine / exhaust movement but the lopey shaking forces will still be there

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Those cams are designed to be like that. A good quality tune will help control some of that. Also check to verify the engine mounts are not collapsed.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back