New member to fleet.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
I picked up this guy from a buddy this weekend. I was slowly killing the bronco driving it so hard to a from work everyday. It's a 2005 Eddie Bauer V8 4x4x Explorer.

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
When you bought the truck, did he sneak the keystone in the back seat so he doesn't have to drink it? :D

Looks like it's in good shape, definitely worth saving the wear and tear on the OJ-mobile, though.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
When you bought the truck, did he sneak the keystone in the back seat so he doesn't have to drink it? :D

Looks like it's in good shape, definitely worth saving the wear and tear on the OJ-mobile, though.

hahaa.. It was a cheap drinking weekend for me.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score

Haha, I was thinking the same thing!

Looks good though, clean on the inside for sure. How many miles?

lito

forum member
Reaction score
Congrats, those are very reliable SUVs, apart from a few 5R55s issues and wore out throttle bodies, they rock and accumulate miles after miles.

Gabe

Whippled Coyote
Reaction score
Congrats on the 'sploder ... they're good trucks, have a few issues but with proper maintenance and somebody that actually checks things on it when they have it in for service, nothing crazy should pop up.

Some of the things to look out for: broken rear coil springs, rear wheel bearing issues (noise/looseness), rear diff rebuilds, HVAC blend door motors, and of course the 2-5 servo in the tranny ... when it goes the car will flash the O/D light and go from 1st to 3rd gear, winding out first then grabbing 3rd - this doesn't require a rebuild, just a repair on the side of the tranny, lower a cat and get the work done - I used to sell them for a couple hours labor plus parts and diag time

07TR

forum member
Reaction score
Nice pick she looks very clean and there's nothing wrong with a good ol keystone...I drank a lot of it in college bc I was poor

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guy... Some good info here for me to watch out for.

Dat chrome grille guard, doe...

hahaa yeah it got painted first thing. When I get some time I'm going to cut the light covers off or just get rid of it all togeather.

Deez-67

forum member
Reaction score
55f0366de8350a2f9fe805844875835c.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back