New SRT-8 Challenger goes 12.4 BONE stock

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Didn't know where to post this, since you guys don't have an "Other" automotive sub-forum or nothing. Figured this would be as good a place as any.

Apparently this is bone stock on stock tires. I gotta say this is pretty good for the fat car it is. Let the hating and fanboism commence.

http://www.streetfire.net/video/2011-challenger-392-hemi-1240-stock_2089181.htm

[SFIRE]http://www.streetfire.net/video/2011-challenger-392-hemi-1240-stock_2089181.htm[/SFIRE]

Last edited by a moderator:

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
It's a 392 lol, the 475hp 6.4L chally. For the $60k it's probably going to cost, that's not very impressive.

Joser281

Reaction score
Hating and Fanboism? On the contrary I like the Challengers. I guess that bump in power really helped. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Last edited:

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
Hating and Fanboism? On the contrary I like the Challengers. I guess that bump in power really helped. I'll give credit where credit is due.

Yeah, the power of a stock 5.0 at only double the price.

And people still wonder why Chrysler is doing so much worse than GM and Ford.

reefblue93

forum member
Reaction score
No way man, they just did an excellent job hiding the JATO on that tank. $60K and you can have a real nicely modded 5.0 or C6 that would rape that thing. To each their own I guess...

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to agree...for the price tag it definitely should be running at least that time or better. But then again, I was just throwing it out there.

But then, how do dudes in 65k+ E92's live with themselves either since they can't break mid-12's? I think price tag aside, it's fairly good considering how heavy that car is, and being bone stock. Once it puts some good tires on there, it'll put done some pretty good ET's without even being mods. Possibly.

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
Well, it's not worth the price. A BMW is because you get a lot of other aspects besides simply track times. A challenger is just another big american car with a big engine. I'd pay $30k for it, but no where near whatever the mark ups will be.

Luxury is worth a lot of $$$. I just don't see any luxury in owning a challenger, even though I'd totally buy one if the price was right.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Well, it's not worth the price. A BMW is because you get a lot of other aspects besides simply track times. A challenger is just another big american car with a big engine. I'd pay $30k for it, but no where near whatever the mark ups will be.

Luxury is worth a lot of $$$. I just don't see any luxury in owning a challenger, even though I'd totally buy one if the price was right.

Just like I wouldn't pay big money for the maintenance costs and breakdowns that plague BMW. Hahaha. I guess what I was saying, is, HP to dollar ratios aside, if you've got the money...

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
Just like I wouldn't pay big money for the maintenance costs and breakdowns that plague BMW. Hahaha. I guess what I was saying, is, HP to dollar ratios aside, if you've got the money...

True. I had a 335i and the thing never got the infamous mechanical plagues that they seem to get after 50k miles. The Benz I had on the other hand. Total piece of shit. S class too. Was always broken or for the price to replace the two mufflers I could've bought a single turbo for the SS.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
Jesus. That sounds horrible. Never was a real euro guy...Those 335i's can be pretty quick too with just a flash, right? But I never would have picked one up, just because I heard about all the problems the N54's were having. I wonder what sort of numbers these new cars with the N55's will put down.

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
Jesus. That sounds horrible. Never was a real euro guy...Those 335i's can be pretty quick too with just a flash, right? But I never would have picked one up, just because I heard about all the problems the N54's were having. I wonder what sort of numbers these new cars with the N55's will put down.

They're fast as shit when juiced up a bit. The new 1 series man those things FLY with a little flash. Things are complete fucking sleepers. I hate them. You can either run into a turd stock one or a total fucking monster pushing 400rwhp.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score
They're fast as shit when juiced up a bit. The new 1 series man those things FLY with a little flash. Things are complete fucking sleepers. I hate them. You can either run into a turd stock one or a total fucking monster pushing 400rwhp.
this is true.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
M3s you get more then a drag car for sure. Have a few guys around here that have them. They are nice cars for sure. But i will admit to rich for my blood.

I know when wife was looking at a mercedes and a 335i all maintenance was free. I think it was for the first 5 years. That was if anything went wrong with them. She decided on a new 4runner limited instead. Got same deal from toyota all maintenance free first 5 yrs.

guy here has a 335i with the juice box, codl air, and a 50 shot and he runs 11.7s on stock tires.

2SSARME

Banned
Reaction score
M3s you get more then a drag car for sure. Have a few guys around here that have them. They are nice cars for sure. But i will admit to rich for my blood.

I know when wife was looking at a mercedes and a 335i all maintenance was free. I think it was for the first 5 years. That was if anything went wrong with them. She decided on a new 4runner limited instead. Got same deal from toyota all maintenance free first 5 yrs.

guy here has a 335i with the juice box, codl air, and a 50 shot and he runs 11.7s on stock tires.

M3s aren't that impressive for the price tag either.

It's free maintenance for first 50k. Only problem is, those cars start self destructing AFTER 50k lol.

Joser281

Reaction score
You guys do have a point on being too much money. But I still think they are nice cars. No offense to 2SS but it's a way nicer boat than the Chevy boat.

HEMI LOL

The Feast and The Famine
Reaction score

It's free maintenance for first 50k. Only problem is, those cars start self destructing AFTER 50k lol.
when i sold my M3 it had 127k on it and it was still a very solid car.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score

Wouldn't doubt it on that 335i...but guys who actually mod their Bimmers for performance are few and far between, generally speaking. Most eurofgts I've run into buy the car for their "out of the box performance" and luxury. And most of them lease, anyhow. At least here in Cali. With that being said, you guys rocking the new '11's shouldn't even care, consdering your cars run damn near the same numbers on the skid pad and through the slalom as there road luxury masterpieces. Lol.

Truth. I mean, it's been a long standing known fact you're not paying for reliability with these cars. My good friend's E46 M3 literally started falling apart on him after about 60k.

You guys do have a point on being too much money. But I still think they are nice cars. No offense to 2SS but it's a way nicer boat than the Chevy boat.

They're both boats. And one man's hamburger is another man's filet mignon.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back