NMRA FORD NATIONALS at Maryland Int'l Dragway May 2-4. 2012

nmrajefftaylor

Reaction score
TrueStreetLongLine.jpg

For the first time, after much anticipation, the NMRA will be rolling into Maryland International Raceway for its third points event over the weekend of May 4-6, 2012. Royce and Jason Miller, owners of MIR, have been looking to include the NMRA in their awesome racing program for years, and a deal was finally struck to bring the NMRA to the Ford-crazed fans of southern Maryland. As this event replaces the New Jersey stop on the tour with a facility that is large enough to handle the masses of NMRA racers and fans, the expectation is that it will only grow larger in the years to come. MIR's regular program has garnered attention throughout the country as they have been promoting Ford races for years, but the addition of the NMRA to their schedule only enhances the Ford brand for all willing participants. With legendary track preparation on tap every time MIR opens the doors, the expectation is that many NMRA records could fall at this event - so you want to make sure you clear space for it on your calendar!
This event will also bring out each of the NMRA's premier heads-up classes - the epitome of Ford drag racing. Many of the NMRA's regulars live within close proximity to Maryland International Raceway and use it for testing, so they may have a leg up on the competition due to their familiarity with the facility - but don't let that fool you! Each racer coming from afar will be looking to take their shot for all the glory on the MIR 1320 in their respective classes and take down those local stars, so get your tickets early for this one - it's sure to be a classic.
www.nmradigital.com email [email protected] or call 714-444-2426

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This is gonna be an AWESOME event!!! I wish I could be there. I won't, but UPR will have our race trailer there with low show pricing.

Reaction score
This will be my first NMRA race im putting my car in. Im going to run Modular Muscle. 2 quick questions, one is do I sign up online, over the phone or the day of the event? also it says I need permant numbers, is the number assigned once you enter or do I just come up with a number?

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
This will be my first NMRA race im putting my car in. Im going to run Modular Muscle. 2 quick questions, one is do I sign up online, over the phone or the day of the event? also it says I need permant numbers, is the number assigned once you enter or do I just come up with a number?

I can answer all those questions for you =)

If you want to get your permanent numbers now so you can get the numbers made up you can call the office in CA at 714-444-2426
Or you can wait until the day of the event and they can assign you a number at registration and the powermall sells stickers for $20 a set.
Modular Muscle numbers are 7000-7999 range so if its available its all yours.

You need to have a current NMRA membership to run Modular muscle so if you dont have that you will need to purchase a membership at the track its $45 and includes a subscription to Race Pages Magazine.

Make sure that you have all the necessary safety equipment to get through the tech process jacket, helmet and whatever else might be required for your ET.

JJ@WMS

forum member
Reaction score
Forgot to ask Shannon,

I didnt see Thursday on the schedule for showing up at MIR, is that true?

JJ

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Can we leave our trailers in the pits overnight??

Of course! There are quite a few people that stay at the track too so there are always people there. There is also security at the gate so no one can get in after hours without a already purchased ticket.

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Of course! There are quite a few people that stay at the track too so there are always people there. There is also security at the gate so no one can get in after hours without a already purchased ticket.

Thanks Shannon.. :) I asked the same question in NMRAdigital.. I mostly do day trips events, and NMRA moved out of NJ, so this will be my first over nighter with NMRA.. I was not sure if you had to stay with the car, and you could not leave it unattended...

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shannon.. :) I asked the same question in NMRAdigital.. I mostly do day trips events, and NMRA moved out of NJ, so this will be my first over nighter with NMRA.. I was not sure if you had to stay with the car, and you could not leave it unattended...

Thats cool. Have you been to MIR before??

My08Stang

One Bad Poster
Reaction score
Thats cool. Have you been to MIR before??

oh yeah... was just there April 6th... I spend more time in MD now then I do in NJ anymore...LOL... my car is going back to JPC after NMRA until OCMD cruise, and I'm back for JPC Day....

shanshine

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
oh yeah... was just there April 6th... I spend more time in MD now then I do in NJ anymore...LOL... my car is going back to JPC after NMRA until OCMD cruise, and I'm back for JPC Day....

Oh gotcha. I heard that April 6th went pretty well.

We are trying to plan an open house at JPC for Thursday night before the NMRA race if you are going to be in town already. Should be posting details tomorrow.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back