No sound for indicator, ignition, starting signal,... HELP

Christian Winkler

Reaction score
Hey guys,

since a few days I am an owner of 4.6 GT (2008, Convertible). Normally when the car get started there is always a warning-signal. Also for indicators or leaving the car, while the lights are still on, you get any warning sounds.
At the moment I am missing these signal sounds!

First thought was, that the speaker for these signals is broken.
Have anyone of you same problems like these?
Is it possible to replace the speaker easily or is there any other reason for those missing sounds?
Also I would like to know where I can find this speaker and whats the reason for the beeping-sound when I turn on the ignition.

Hopefully someone can help me, greetings from Germany and sorry for the bad language :)

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
This may not be much help, but this is what I'm sure on:
The speaker is on the circuit board of your guages/instrument cluster.
It can only play ONE sound at a time. Example:if you dont buckle the seat belt, you will get the warning every so many seconds while driving. If you get the seat belt warning while having the directional signal on, the clicking will stop when the warning chimes.
I always get a warning chime for key in ignition if I put the key in with the door open.

All that said, I would just disconnect the battery for 10 minutes and "reboot" the car.

Christian Winkler

Reaction score
I tried it but nothing happenend. Also if the engine is running i don't get any display warning like "seatbelt not closed".

Any further ideas are welcome!

RLF9409

My blood runs Ford blue!
Reaction score
Have you checked the fuse box? Is there anything else that is not working?
Does your interior lights come on when you open the door?

2006 Saleen SC #409 MMR 1000S stroked 4.6 3.0 pulley 1 piece driveshaft

Last edited:

Christian Winkler

Reaction score
Things that don't work:

-No chime for: seatbelt warning, lights still on, indicator/flasher, door open
-also no lamp in the display when the lights are on

Where are these fuses located? Passenger side or front? In the manual there isn't an exakt description of the fuses

Interior lights are working when i open the door.
Thanks for reply!

Christian Winkler

Reaction score
Everything looks fine.. don't know what I should do.

By the way.. Is it normal, that the water drain off THROUGH the door? (Convertible)

07 Boss

Reaction score
Everything looks fine.. don't know what I should do.

By the way.. Is it normal, that the water drain off THROUGH the door? (Convertible)

Yes and no. There should not be that much water getting into your door. Depending on window seals and direction/duration of rain you may get some water on the inside of the door. When that happens it should drain out the bottom of the door.

Now that you mention water intrusion, you should check your SJB. All interior functions and non-engine functions run through this little smart box. It is a known and common problem for water to get in there. Symptoms of this will include random type gremlins or bugs in the cars system. Currently I have no horn or headlights. I wired the headlight signal for my HIDs off of the fog light relay and just yell at people instead of honking my horn. But if you check the drain by the engine cowl it will get plugged up. When that happens that section fills up with water and spills over into the passenger side foot well where the SJB is located. There should be a little panel you can remove and give it a quick visual inspection. But you have to remove it to check it good.

stv_huff

Stock
Reaction score
Did you figure this out? My interior sounds only work intermittently.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back