No Steering wheel audio controls

vestaviascott

vestaviascott
Reaction score
I'm considering purchase of a 5th gen convertible (2005-2009). I understand they don't come with steering wheel audio controls.

What are the options for this?

I found a video where a guy had swapped in a GT500 steering wheel and wired all the audio controls to work in the 5th gen head unit.

What are your thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYspjGgNuUs

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
You must be looking at a very basic model like a rental car if there aren't controls on the steering wheel. My 2013 V6 convertible has everything on it, just like the video.

vestaviascott

vestaviascott
Reaction score
Hi Jim, I just reread my post and realize I didn't specify exactly, but I'm in the market for 2005-2009 Mustang convertibles. I believe 2010 models were the first to get audio control on the steering wheel, but those are out of my target budget for this project.

Last edited:

JimC

Reaction score
That does make a difference. There may have been controls in 2009, don't recall right now.

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
05-09 I dont think any had audio controls
I put a 2013 gt500 steering wheel in my car (any 2011 would work)
and added an aftermarket pioneer radio with a ASWC-1 steering wheel integration module and a couple of really expencive factory ford plugs and all works as it should.
There is some wiring involved to adapt the different plug for the cruise control and a fair bit of wiring installing the radio and steering wheel control but instructions are available online.

Tbone

forum member
Reaction score
05-09 I dont think any had audio controls
I put a 2013 gt500 steering wheel in my car (any 2011 would work)
and added an aftermarket pioneer radio with a ASWC-1 steering wheel integration module and a couple of really expencive factory ford plugs and all works as it should.
There is some wiring involved to adapt the different plug for the cruise control and a fair bit of wiring installing the radio and steering wheel control but instructions are available online.

I did the same but my cruise has never worked since. Cruise control circuit high code. Redid all the connections and soldered but still doesnt work. Can you remember how you wired yours up?

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back