Northeast Dragway May 1st 2011

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's about 2 hrs for me. I am about 1/2 way between Richmond and Norfolk. Do you know where the Colonial Downs Horse Racing Track is, off I64? I live almost next too it in a development called Brickshire.

Earl

Wow..I know where that is...thought you were closer to Richmond!

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone from Iraq! It's been a while since I've posted on here, some folks may not even know who I am or remember me. LOL! But I've been busy, stationed at Victory Base in Iraq. It's getting hot here, going to get hotter, but I knew that coming in. Our base has had over 32 attacks since I've been here. One 107mm rocket hit the building I work in 15 yards from my desk. Out of all the hundreds of people that work their, I was the closest. I am doing fine though, and still hoping to be home before Christmas. Maybe earlier with the "drawdown."

It looks like you guys had a great time and got some great runs in! Looking forward to seeing the videos, though it takes about 30 minutes to download one minute of video around here. LOL! But I just wanted to say hello and hope you all are having a good time with your Mustangs. Do a burnout and drink a beer for me.

Yikes....little close for comfort! The goal is to come back with everything attatched and no extra holes in you!:thumb:

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
Hello everyone from Iraq! It's been a while since I've posted on here, some folks may not even know who I am or remember me. LOL! But I've been busy, stationed at Victory Base in Iraq. It's getting hot here, going to get hotter, but I knew that coming in. Our base has had over 32 attacks since I've been here. One 107mm rocket hit the building I work in 15 yards from my desk. Out of all the hundreds of people that work their, I was the closest. I am doing fine though, and still hoping to be home before Christmas. Maybe earlier with the "drawdown."

It looks like you guys had a great time and got some great runs in! Looking forward to seeing the videos, though it takes about 30 minutes to download one minute of video around here. LOL! But I just wanted to say hello and hope you all are having a good time with your Mustangs. Do a burnout and drink a beer for me.
brady, glad your doing ok. dam i could have drove your stang to the track, lol! stay safe and get your ass home asap!

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time!! Think I am going to have to have the wife call off the next time that way I can go.

Greg, you get my text?? VC's will be in his hands today.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score

Wow, hope you get home soon man. Does not sound like fun :/

Tony, what was your air pressure in your slicks?

I was being a pussy. I had them at 17 psi cold. I had a lot of floaing down the track and didn't want to go any lower this outing. I got fairly use to the floating so next time out I will drop down to 14-15 psi and see of that does.

Here is the video:

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like you guys had a great time!! Think I am going to have to have the wife call off the next time that way I can go.

Greg, you get my text?? VC's will be in his hands today.

I did not; since I updated my phone it's been a little off...let me know what I owe you!

And you can't use the wife excuse...Mrs Nick said you could go...:evillaugh:

wax50

Reaction score
[

I was being a pussy. I had them at 17 psi cold. I had a lot of floaing down the track and didn't want to go any lower this outing. I got fairly use to the floating so next time out I will drop down to 14-15 psi and see of that does.

Well once you get used to it you will be alright, I take my slicks down all the to 10 usually. Just hold on when it starts walking on ya lol

wax50

Reaction score
Good vid, I wish someone had my only clean pass, that 7.90 was still wheel hopping bad and was outta ice. The ice makes a huge difference.

No vid of Gregs car when it went 6.93?

Aandf1978

M90 SUPPORTER!!
Reaction score
It was a time deal, next time she won't have to work and I can make everything and won't have to deal with meeting you guys etc...

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
No, that's why I said it looks like know ones good passes where caught on video. My 7.4@100 wasn't caught either...lol. There was evidence of someone not knowing how to use my camera as well because there was multiple pics of the begining and ends of races. As in they thought they where recording, but was taking pics instead. I think it was my wife. It was the first time she used it...haha.

All the vids of me where me hot lapping except the 7.5 run. Oh well, we will get better footage next time hopefully. We need to be recording from the other side of the track too. Much better view. You can actually see the wheels.

wax50

Reaction score
Anyone going to Cars and Coffee this sat? starts at 7:30

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
wow, glad your ok!

Thanks, Luke, me too!

Yikes....little close for comfort! The goal is to come back with everything attatched and no extra holes in you!:thumb:

Yes, it was a little close. 107mm rockets have a lethal range of 12.5 meters, good thing I had some concrete in the way.

brady, glad your doing ok. dam i could have drove your stang to the track, lol! stay safe and get your ass home asap!

Thanks, Walt. Hope it will be sooner with the drawdown.

Wow, hope you get home soon man. Does not sound like fun :/

Yes, Tony, it is not a lot of fun. Hope to get home soon and get this voluntold desert tour out of the way.

Have fun over the summer everyone. Hope to see you all soon.

Last edited:

rayS197

Reaction score
Thanks, Luke, me too!

Yes, it was a little close. 107mm rockets have a lethal range of 12.5 meters, good thing I had some concrete in the way.

Thanks, Walt. Hope it will be sooner with the drawdown.

Yes, Tony, it is not a lot of fun. Hope to get home soon and get this voluntold desert tour out of the way.

Have fun over the summer everyone. Hope to see you all soon.

Brady,
glad to hear your doing ok. We are all here waiting for your return and will put something together when ya get back. Before you left I told you if you wanted I take your car out for a spin from time to time so it doesnt get tired sitting in that garage. That offer still stands!! LOL!!
Take Care Brady!! See ya when ya return home!!!

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brady,
glad to hear your doing ok. We are all here waiting for your return and will put something together when ya get back. Before you left I told you if you wanted I take your car out for a spin from time to time so it doesnt get tired sitting in that garage. That offer still stands!! LOL!!
Take Care Brady!! See ya when ya return home!!!

Thanks Ray. Looking forward to a get together when I get back. And thanks for the offer of driving the car. I could see that video on you tube...

Greg: "Where's Brad's car?"

Walt: "Ray's got it inside the burnout cloud." :evillaugh:

Tony: "Are those sparks?"

Luke: "Yeah, I think a tire just let go..." :owned2:

LOL!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back