Northeast Dragway May 1st 2011

wax50

Reaction score
I am pulling a Jesse, I didnt get a chance to wash the Lightning since the track so I didnt make cars n coffee! lol

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Sooooo, I was looking through the 1/4 mile chart in the drag section and it looks like 100 mph in the 1/8th can possibly get me in the 10's in the 1/4th. If I can get my ET's down of course. With a little more time on the slicks, lower tire pressure, the 1 pc. DS and MGW going in, it shouldn't be a problem.

So I guess my goal is to get booted off VMP's track for not having a cage this year...lol.

rayS197

Reaction score
Sooooo, I was looking through the 1/4 mile chart in the drag section and it looks like 100 mph in the 1/8th can possibly get me in the 10's in the 1/4th. If I can get my ET's down of course. With a little more time on the slicks, lower tire pressure, the 1 pc. DS and MGW going in, it shouldn't be a problem.

So I guess my goal is to get booted off VMP's track for not having a cage this year...lol.

pull those heavy front tires off and that will help ya a little.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I just went with a shaftmaster 3.5" since I am lowered quite a bit and will be running the MGW. 4" d/s are known for interfering with the MGW and hitting the fuel tank and lowered cars.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I just went with a shaftmaster 3.5" since I am lowered quite a bit and will be running the MGW. 4" d/s are known for interfering with the MGW and hitting the fuel tank and lowered cars.

I had zero issues with the mgw and the 4" ds lowered on on frpp k springs.
Had a good inch of gap from the shifter linkage to the ds. I think the ones with issues were those slammed and that dont adjust the pa.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
I had zero issues with the mgw and the 4" ds lowered on on frpp k springs.
Had a good inch of gap from the shifter linkage to the ds. I think the ones with issues were those slammed and that dont adjust the pa.

True that, but I did something I am not so proud of...lol. When I put the blower on I noticed the front sat a bit lower due to the added weight. It had more of a rake. So I........... sigh............. cut my rear springs to even it out a little bit (Eibach Pro Kit). I cut about a link off. In all honesty it gave me another 1/4th inch drop in the rear and didn't really change anything else. But I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling doing it...haha.

That being said, I cut down my bump stops as well and there have been a few times where my stock DS has hit the gas tank already. I do have an adj. upper so I think I will be fine. I just wanted to play it safe so I got the 3.5". In fact, I don't think it has hit since I put the UCA in.

:wt:

How many turns out did you run the MGW?

nv4gt ws

RedShift
Reaction score
direct bolt in? i love mine. good people to deal with.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
True that, but I did something I am not so proud of...lol. When I put the blower on I noticed the front sat a bit lower due to the added weight. It had more of a rake. So I........... sigh............. cut my rear springs to even it out a little bit (Eibach Pro Kit). I cut about a link off. In all honesty it gave me another 1/4th inch drop in the rear and didn't really change anything else. But I didn't have a warm fuzzy feeling doing it...haha.

That being said, I cut down my bump stops as well and there have been a few times where my stock DS has hit the gas tank already. I do have an adj. upper so I think I will be fine. I just wanted to play it safe so I got the 3.5". In fact, I don't think it has hit since I put the UCA in.

YOU GO RICER BOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
:wtf1:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Gotcha I had it like 5-6 turns.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Yes it's the direct bolt in.

Greg, you weren't calling it rice when we was trapping similar mph. With my stock motor and all... muahahaha.

;)

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
But I didn't cut my springs so there!.... Mr "I run my car at the track the same as I would on the street"...yeah...about that....:nana2:

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Only thing that wasn't streetable was the slicks and pretty pointless to go to the track and run on street tires with F/I if you ask me. Haha

My full interior, sway bar, battery and ect. where all still intact.

Did you "grind down those calipers yet Mr.?"

Last edited:

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL...I did for an hour and a half and quit after no progress.

Bought the Racestars from JP and they arrived today...need to get the tires swapped over and sell the Greg Welds.

TonyN

Ford Junkie
Reaction score
Aww man that sucks. Well how are you gonna sell them if they don't fit? Maybe look up the pasrt numbers? Maybe for a different vehicle? I bet they fit on sn95s since there brakes are much smaller.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks like the fit the 94-04's and maybe the 5 lug fox bodies....since Mike worked with Greg Weld he said they should fit those car...sigh...have them for sale on here, the Corral, Tidewater Racing and Craigslist.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back