o2 Sensor codes

Discussion in '2005+ Ford Mustang v6 4.0L Tech' started by Val Valdez, Feb 19, 2020.

1. Juice

Juice forum member

Yes

2. Val Valdez

Val Valdez Junior Member

Could the problem be one of these two components failing?

FullSizeRender.jpeg

FullSizeRender-1.jpeg

IMG_1269.jpeg

3. Val Valdez

Val Valdez Junior Member

Anyone???

4. Val Valdez

Val Valdez Junior Member

Anyone???

I figured out one of the components in the photos is the Transmission Range Sensor, which i dont think that would be the issue. Perhaps the other unit that the downstream O2 sensors connect to?

5. Andrew McKee

Andrew McKee Junior Member

Did OP ever figure this one out? Extremely similar codes couples with a very rough idle. Briefly checked fuses and found nothing obvious.

6. 0M3GA

0M3GA Junior Member

Was this ever solved? I literally have the same or similar codes on my 2010 mustang, the codes are:

P0135
    P0141
    P0155
    P0161
    P0403
    P0443
    Then they repeat for some reason..
    P0135
    P0141
    P0155
    P0161
    P0403
    P0443

For a total of 12 codes, what makes it even more difficult is this..

The transmission on this car finally died, was sitting for months, I scored a reman transmission at a Picknpull in the central valley (Modesto CA) I removed the engine with transmission to check everything, inspected everything, and the wiring harness was taken apart and inspected as best as I could, looking for anything obvious, nothing(and yes its hard to find a break in the wire) well long story short, everything went back in and the car runs great, unfortunately the car lasted a week without the CEL(car had the SAME codes before)

What's strange is that it all hapened after I removed the wipers and the cowl grille to replace the wiper motor, I decided to clean and remove as much junk as I could, and at the end I got the water hose and washed it wile the hood was down to avoid water from weting components in the engine bay, was being cautious since I didn't want the codes to come back, well the car got a "cold" and I'm at the same spot as before.

It's difficult because the codes don't pop right away, its an intermittent problem that not even the 2 electrician I've seen have been able to pin point the issue..

7. Juice

Juice forum member

Most likely, one set is 'current codes' the other is 'permanent codes'.
    That's all I can do at this time till you list what each code means.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.