OBD2 OS2 malfunction

louis

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2006 Mustang GT. I started to have the engine sign on the board, so i used my OBDII scanner and it gave me error O2 sensor heater circuit Malfunction Bank 1 Sensor 1. I understand that the sensor needs to be changed. So it's on the passenger side upstream according to many information on google.
I bought a sensor from Motorcraft DY-1401 Gu2z-9G444-A and i changed it, but the engine signal came back and OBDII gave me the same code error.
What is the issue? any one had this before? any advice?
Thanks

07 Boss

Reaction score
Do you have headers?

Sounds like there is actually something wrong with the circuit if the sensor is good. Check the pins on the connectors and check for wires for continuity. Do you have a multi-meter?

louis

Reaction score
Do you have headers?

Sounds like there is actually something wrong with the circuit if the sensor is good. Check the pins on the connectors and check for wires for continuity. Do you have a multi-meter?

I have a normal 2006 mustang GT- I frankly don't see what do you mean by headers. Nothing is modified in my car.

I don't have a multi-meter and don't know from where to start if i have.. Could it be from the fuses?

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
Swap sensors with the other side, see if the error code changes. I've gotten bad out-of-box O2 sensor before.

louis

Reaction score
Update to the issues. I took the car to Ford dealer where they should do a diagnostic on it and find out what are the problems. I received a call from them asking me for the second key of the car so they can reprogarm the computer because all the wirings are ok. He said about an issue with a module. I am a bit surprised by this request. So i am waiting for the result and we shall see from there..

07 Boss

Reaction score
I have a normal 2006 mustang GT- I frankly don't see what do you mean by headers. Nothing is modified in my car.

I don't have a multi-meter and don't know from where to start if i have.. Could it be from the fuses?

I asked about headers because they can mess with the heating times for the sensor and the computer can read that as an error. but we can rule that out.

Could be a bad sensor. I've had a few out of the box bad parts. Swapping from side to side will tell you if it is the sensor. I can't remember exactly the stock locations but I remember one side being a PIA on the stock set up.

But Ford has got it now. They'll figure it out. It can only be a couple of things.

louis

Reaction score
As a result i need to change the computer of the car and this will cost me 1700 $. It is Ford Garage not in the US. He said once he changes the computer, he will know for sure where is the problem. So again this not Ford in USA. I am getting suspicious.. i will take the car to somewhere else and have it checked again..

Juice

forum member
Reaction score
I would be very suspicious of this repair too. 90% of the time, it is NOT the PCM that is faulty. The only way I would agree to this kind of repair is with a 100% guarantee the problem will be taken care of.

07 Boss

Reaction score
Yep. I would tell them you’re not going to pay 1700 if it doesn’t fix the issue. Have they tried reflashing the stock tune? Seems kinda hinky to be blaming the pcm IMO.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back