off road h-pipe

Discussion in 'Mustang Chit Chat' started by mulage, Sep 30, 2021.

1. BirdMan65

BirdMan65 Junior Member

I have an x crossover pipe which is new which hooks to shorty headers or stock exhaust I believe. I also have new set of shorty headers. Brands???? Will have to look if you are interested and see if SS or ???

2. stkjock

stkjock ---- Madmin ---- Staff Member Administrator Super Moderator S197 Team Member

opening the flow on a boosted application will of course reduce boost, you removing restrictions, that's part of the boost formula, also a freer flowing exhaust will make a bigger (more noticeable) change with a boosted set up.

GlassTop09 likes this.
  3. Juice

Juice forum member

My LT observations and butt dyno results say "some power improvement" but nothing earth shattering. Laptimes at two tracks now, unaffected. I should redyno test, but not that curious. lol

4. Pentalab

Pentalab forum member

Yep. Boost drops a bit, but hp + tq will increase. Even out of boost, I noticed a big improvement in tq. IE: foot into it pretty good, just shy of 0 psi boost. One of my tests for that, was to manually shift into 2nd or 3rd gear on my automatic. Then see what happens when the light turns green. Difference is apples + oranges.

5. jewc75

jewc75 S197 Junkie S197 Team Member

You probably dont live in the longtubes powerband, a drag car will see a good improvement.

6. Juice

Juice forum member

HPDE, I run that sucker to the limiter.

7. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

Completely agree. That was my point. The exhaust system modifications that are being argued may or may not make a noticeable difference in power and performance. It depends on the engine setup and how it will be used. For me, headers and hi-flow cats over stock exhaust no question. I am without cats now for playing on the strip but if I were going to run the hi-ways I would run cats without complaint. Fuel is a much bigger problem!:driver:

GlassTop09 likes this.
  8. Mr Don 21

Mr Don 21 Junior Member S197 Team Member

I have a cats delete x pipe or h pipe however you look at it I took it off my 08 gt.
    it has ports to put the sensors in.
    I didn't like having a check engine light on.
    I'm not putting it back on.

9. Ryan D

Ryan D Junior Member

Update: Got my pacesetter H in from Summit last night, checked the H first thing, it's wide open from one side to the other. Welds have a little excess spatter, like it was welded with flux core wire instead of gas, but they're solid all the way around. Doubt I'll get it in for a few days, sun finally shining and harvest continues.

10. mulage

mulage Junior Member

so the H is open and not sealed off like the reviews show?

also looking at the pictures it looks like it missing a o2 bung on the
    passenger side pipe off the manifold?

11. Ryan D

Ryan D Junior Member

H is wide open, easy enough to see, but stuck a flashlight in one end and the light shines into the other side of the pipe without obstruction. Only one bung (easy enough to add another before you put the pipe in). I'm not going to bother, I turned off my rear O2's when I put in my wideband and I will just run it in the existing bung on the driver's pipe. That's where my wideband is now anyway. I'll put plugs in my stock pipe bungs and stuff the ends of the pipes with steel wool and wrap them in plastic just in case I ever have to have them at some point in the future.

12. Midlife Crises

Midlife Crises Senior Member

What’s the steel wool for?

13. Juice

Juice forum member

Mice?

crjackson2134 likes this.
  14. mulage

mulage Junior Member

please let us know how this h pipe fits

15. Ryan D

Ryan D Junior Member

Correct... if for some reason the plastic gets torn or chewed through, the steel wool may keep the mice at bay. I'll store the stock pipe/cats in my equipment shed, and even though my combine gets washed before it gets put in there after harvest, the mice still like to explore. Can't imagine what a set of cats getting hot for the first time in years smells like with old nests and mouse piss in it.. nevermind the impressive fire aspect of same.

16. Ryan D

Ryan D Junior Member

Will do, as soon as I get the time to put it on. Hoping in the next couple weeks. The world stops turning at harvest time.

17. 07 Boss

07 Boss Senior Member

Like I said I have two Pacesetter H-pipes, (and their LT headers) and never had an issue do to manufacturing or quality. Both have the proper openings for the crossover and bungs on both sides. I mean the shit is half the price and as long as your expectations are not out of line I think you will be happy with them. And again they are mild steel so they will rust if exposed to the right elements. Luckily I live in the high desert so we see no rain or snow.

18. Juice

Juice forum member

We just live around farms. A few years ago, I had mice make nests in my motorcycle mufflers. (Stock cans) I start the bike and get the fluff blowing out. Blow it out, go ride. Next day, same thing, OVERNIGHT!. Put a snap trap on the rear peg. Next morning, dead mouse. lol Hate mice, just hate'em.

19. Ryan D

Ryan D Junior Member

If it was cool out, they probably discovered that warmth after the pipes cooled a little and nestled right up in there. Twice over the last couple years I've parked tractors at the edge of a field just as the nights are starting to get cool and came back the next morning to a shed snake skin draped along the frame. (They'd coil up near the engine at night for the warmth and then clear out when daybreak came I guess). You can bet I rode pretty uneasy with one hand on the door handle for the first half hour or so in case I had to bail out!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.