ordered a VMP TVS

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Starting out easy with the blower upgrade.

Ordered a VMP TVS "stripper"
Planning on using the stock elbow/throttle body for now.
will also be running the 2.5 pulley on the TVS, should see around 15-16 psi. boost with the O/R H-pipe.

Shooting for 600rwhp 600 torque.

More upgrades at a later time.

Mods to car will be:
VMP tune
VMP TVS
2.5 pulley
170* thermostat
Revan racing duel pass heat exchanger with fans
JBA O/R H-pipe
MHRacing "tank"
resonator delete
Airaid filter

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Moved??

OK I thought this should have been in the GT500 section.

AbdullaGT500

forum member
Reaction score
Moved??

OK I thought this should have been in the GT500 section.

It was probably moved because that is the Tech section. Great choice with the TVS!
I also have the TVS. Based on numbers I've seen others post, you should be around 625-635 whp with that setup. If you ordered from VMP then it may come with the new 2.4 pulley, rather than the 2.5, or at least mine did.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It was probably moved because that is the Tech section. Great choice with the TVS!
I also have the TVS. Based on numbers I've seen others post, you should be around 625-635 whp with that setup. If you ordered from VMP then it may come with the new 2.4 pulley, rather than the 2.5, or at least mine did.

VMP now sells a bare version, no pulley.

I already have a 2.5 billet pro pulley, so I'll use that one for now.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
there is horsepower to be made with a better elbow and a tb. It's most likely cheaper to buy a 2013 GT500 blower, as it has the same porting as the vmp but comes with a better elbow than your stocker.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
there is horsepower to be made with a better elbow and a tb. It's most likely cheaper to buy a 2013 GT500 blower, as it has the same porting as the vmp but comes with a better elbow than your stocker.

From what I understand the VMP is ported a little more than the 13'TVS.

I plan on upgrading the elbow/throttle body a little later, just didn't want to hit the bank account too hard with the holidays around the corner.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
From what I understand the VMP is ported a little more than the 13'TVS.

I plan on upgrading the elbow/throttle body a little later, just didn't want to hit the bank account too hard with the holidays around the corner.

theyre about the same power output wise, hence the huge surge of people running to the '13 TVS. We put one on a 2011 GT500, my only gripe about them is the 5.8 stamped on it.

FWIW, he put down 725hp with a 15% lower, BAP, stock injectors, headers, cj65tb and 127mm intake. Stock 2.71 upper w/2013 elbow.

kenneth

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm envious! I want a power adder! Keep us up to date Ken!

Sure will.

theyre about the same power output wise, hence the huge surge of people running to the '13 TVS. We put one on a 2011 GT500, my only gripe about them is the 5.8 stamped on it.

FWIW, he put down 725hp with a 15% lower, BAP, stock injectors, headers, cj65tb and 127mm intake. Stock 2.71 upper w/2013 elbow.

Nice gains.
All I'm looking for right now is 600/600 so plenty room to grow with more upgrades.
And I agree with you on the 5.8 stamp.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back