Paint for Rubber

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
My car comes with beautifully matched carpeting in the front and trunk of the car. The Mustang with the three colored bars. But I live in the mountains and other than the trunk there is no way to keep that carpeting clean. A couple of years ago I bought some rubber mats, and they have the Mustang on them. I would like to paint the lower area around the Mustang, so it won't wear off. Is there a paint out there for this purpose.... Thanks

JC SSP

Reaction score
Try Eastwood. Call them and let them know what your looking for.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your response. I was looking for a paint to bring out the horse on the black rubber weather mats. On another Mustang site a fellow in Australia came up with what he had done to fight the dust and dirt in his area. Given I live in the mountains and no shortage of dirt and dust. His suggestion took me in a totally different direction.

This fellow had bought some of those clear plastic floor covering for office chairs. He then cut them out to fit his flooring. But at the end of his response, he said the magic word "Amazon". Guess what, they had clear rubber mats for my Mustang, as well as other brands. I got the mats for $15.00 because of points I could use to reduce the price.

I figure the original owner had spent a considerable sum for the Mustang emblems, including the trunk and a shame they weren't being displayed. The following photo's will show what I mean.

I can't say I'm 100 percent satisfied with the finished project but close enough and I've put enough effort into this.

Mustang Floor mat- rubber.jpg

Mustang immage floor mat.jpg

door emblem.jpg

IMG_6435New floor mat -a.jpg

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for your response. I was looking for a paint to bring out the horse on the black rubber weather mats. On another Mustang site a fellow in Australia came up with what he had done to fight the dust and dirt in his area. Given I live in the mountains and no shortage of dirt and dust. His suggestion took me in a totally different direction.

This fellow had bought some of those clear plastic floor covering for office chairs. He then cut them out to fit his flooring. But at the end of his response, he said the magic word "Amazon". Guess what, they had clear rubber mats for my Mustang, as well as other brands. I got the mats for $15.00 because of points I could use to reduce the price.

I figure the original owner had spent a considerable sum for the Mustang emblems, including the trunk and a shame they weren't being displayed. The following photo's will show what I mean.

I can't say I'm 100 percent satisfied with the finished project but close enough and I've put enough effort into this.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back