Paint sealant

06TORCHEDGT

forum member
Reaction score
I was looking around today in the parts store and was looking at waxes and sealants. Whats the advantage of using a sealant vs a good quality wax? I compounded my car then used a polish then a coat of auto glym wax and it looks awesome. Im just curious about the sealant.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Sealants last longer and are usually easier to apply and remove. You don't get the look of a good wax, but a good sealant can look very nice (BlackFire Wet Diamond for example)

I love sealants, that's all I use on anything that is not going to a show.

P.S. Sealants go on before wax if you use both, and they need to cure for 24 hours before applying a second coat unless otherwise directed. I'd elaborate more, but it's covered several times in this section by me, nasty, and seer and I'm in a hurry.

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
DKS, I have some stuff going on now but I wanted to see if you'd be interested in trying out some Klasse sealant. We talked about it before I believe and I'm still not convinced about it. It's supposed to last a ridiculous amount of time (like 6months to a year) and it's supposedly 100% acrylic based or something. Anyway, I was just curious about your opinion on that product vs other sealants you've used.

I'm definitely a sealant guy over a wax guy (I am lazy). I've been looking for a long lasting sealant that can provide that mirror look shine (not necessarily wet or deep, i just like it when it's like a mirror). Klasse seems to fit the bill but it's a pain to apply and remove.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I've actually stopped using sealants all together. I am completely sold on nano based resin protection.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
DKS, I have some stuff going on now but I wanted to see if you'd be interested in trying out some Klasse sealant. We talked about it before I believe and I'm still not convinced about it. It's supposed to last a ridiculous amount of time (like 6months to a year) and it's supposedly 100% acrylic based or something. Anyway, I was just curious about your opinion on that product vs other sealants you've used.

I'm definitely a sealant guy over a wax guy (I am lazy). I've been looking for a long lasting sealant that can provide that mirror look shine (not necessarily wet or deep, i just like it when it's like a mirror). Klasse seems to fit the bill but it's a pain to apply and remove.

Just PM me sometime, I do know from tests that the BFWD lasts longer than the Klasse, though. And I can't imagine it looking better, but I don't know that from personal experience, just from opinions from other detailers.

Elaborate + links please!

x2

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
http://www.aquartz.co/web/include/home.php

Detailers domain sells it. Competing product with Cquartz. Lasts a few years, reduces swirls from happening, has a very slick like affect. I am putting a heavy recommend on doing it.

It's a nano based resin, that hardens as a glass like film on your paint. The reload sprays give it a nice gloss and add more protection too.

Go to a product like this, and just never touch a sealant again.

Last edited:

NastyStang113

Made in U.S.A.
Reaction score

I've actually stopped using sealants all together. I am completely sold on nano based resin protection.

This is what I would recommend for him as well. I'm just not sure he's going to be up to the application, no offense HellsBells. Which nano based "sealant" is the easiest to apply Seer? Which was the original AQuartz or CQuartz?

AQuartz

CQuartz
Opti-Coat V2

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
This is what I would recommend for him as well. I'm just not sure he's going to be up to the application, no offense HellsBells. Which nano based "sealant" is the easiest to apply Seer? Which was the original AQuartz or CQuartz?

AQuartz

CQuartz
Opti-Coat V2

Aquartz was the original, and is the easiest lasts about 18 months, and the reload spray adds 2 months of a beautiful gloss to it as well as some super slickness, Opti-coat is semi permenant, and should only be done by a pro.

CQuartz looks like may not live through the competition.

If you're doing a Nano resin application, you need to make sure your surface is freshly clayed, and polished, since it will lock in any imperfection. So you want the surface perfect.

So ya, AQuartz for the average joe to semi pro :D

Last edited:

BlackSunshine

Power Downshifter
Reaction score

I've used Klasse and was impressed by the reults. If you are looking for a deep glossy look, this is not for you. It gives a brilliant bright but cold sheen to the paint. TBH, I stopped using it because of the application. The sealent is a BEAR to get off if not done properly. Use a bit too much and its like buffing off concrete. My arms still hate me for it.

Blacksmoke

forum member
Reaction score
Not all sealants last longer than wax.

I use Collinite No.845 was and it lasts longer than the sealants I have used.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Collinite 845 is a synthetic wax. Just like megs 26

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I've used Klasse and was impressed by the reults. If you are looking for a deep glossy look, this is not for you. It gives a brilliant bright but cold sheen to the paint. TBH, I stopped using it because of the application. The sealent is a BEAR to get off if not done properly. Use a bit too much and its like buffing off concrete. My arms still hate me for it.

Okay cool. I'm not the only one who thinks so then. The stuff is SUPER hard to buff if you even use a TINY bit too much.

AQuartz

CQuartz
Opti-Coat V2

No offense taken, I'm not big into detailing like you guys. Although the application doesn't seem to difficult. I'm definitely going to give this a try...as soon as I find someone to buff / polish my car so it doesn't have swirls.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Okay cool. I'm not the only one who thinks so then. The stuff is SUPER hard to buff if you even use a TINY bit too much.

No offense taken, I'm not big into detailing like you guys. Although the application doesn't seem to difficult. I'm definitely going to give this a try...as soon as I find someone to buff / polish my car so it doesn't have swirls.

All of them take a little muscle to buff off, and require you to go over the same area twice.

nele22

Reaction score
I only use Rejex sealant. I will top it with NXT 2.0 wax for shows.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
I only use Rejex sealant. I will top it with NXT 2.0 wax for shows.

Then you're just wasting the Rejex. NXT 2.0 has cleaners in it and removes the coating under it. This is why you cannot layer it either.

nele22

Reaction score
Then you're just wasting the Rejex. NXT 2.0 has cleaners in it and removes the coating under it. This is why you cannot layer it either.

Well that sucks! Thanks for the heads up. Now I am embarrassed. :dunce:

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry, going to whore nano resins again. Lasts 18mo-2 years or so. Can add gloss with reload sprays and add more hydrophobic properties.

No brainer. Take the time and protect your babies the right way :D

Detailing tech has evolved.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back