Painted coolant reservoir and air box bubble delete. (Pics!)

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys just thought I'd show ya'll a couple of cheap and easy ways to clena up under the hood. Still haven't deleted my sound tube, or painted my coil covers, those will be done soon.

GENERIC BEFORE PICTURE:

I painted the top half of my tank with black plastidip. I didn't remove the tank completely, just pulled off the top 2 hoses and unbolted it. I braced it up along the top of the radiator, and covered the whole area around it with some paper to prevent over spray.

DURING:

AFTER:

Also deleted that stupid bubble looking thing in front of the intake. Used a 2 1/8" hole saw to round the hole, and found a 2 1/8" plug from Home Depot (it was bronze, and I dipped it black)

Final product. Also added a JLT catch can. Still waiting to delete the sound tube, paint my coil covers, and adding hood struts (still not sure which brand I want).

Thanks for looking!

claudermilk

Reaction score
It's probably some kind of sound resonator.

For struts I'd look at Redline Tuning. They have them for the '15.

The engine bay looks much improved.

quiksilver15

forum member
Reaction score
That looks great man! What's the plastic bubble you removed? Just a plastic filler for the Ram Air?

Its freaking ugly is what it is haha. I think its a resonator, there is another one under the intake tube. I plan to get an airaid tube to replace that piece. The factory CAI is good enough for me, no need to spend $400 IMO

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back