Passing inspection without cats..

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I appreciate you commenting on here to clarify. I mean no disrespect, it is 100% your choice to answer how you feel is best and if you don’t want to comment on another tune that’s fine. After not getting answers from an original tuner I feel it is not unwarranted to feel wary of a second not giving me any more information about what specifically needs to be corrected. Again, no disrespect to you or your work but I’m feeling a little in the dark about my own car at this point.

I will be figuring out my approach once I get back home and can actually get to the car.

Is OK to be wary, buy you can't be wary of me or my work and express that on an open forum as I was not being clear or open on something that is not my problem or my responsibility.

The only thing that will give you a clear is a proper tune, any tuner with enough knowledge and experience should accomplish that for you.

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Is OK to be wary, buy you can't be wary of me or my work and express that on an open forum as I was not being clear or open on something that is not my problem or my responsibility.

The only thing that will give you a clear is a proper tune, any tuner with enough knowledge and experience should accomplish that for you.

Well if that’s how it came across it’s not my intent. I have seen your site and I have seen a few people on here mention you as their tuner, all it comes down to for me is I have apparently been getting the run around and I need it fixed so I can enjoy my car like everybody else on this forum likes to do. I will edit my previous post to be more clear.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score

Lito, If I understood Dave correctly? I believe his reason for being wary is from when you responded to his post by saying that his current tune would never pass emissions because it was written by someone else that doesn't know what they're doing. Well, let me just say that if I were in his place and were interested in becoming one of your customers? I would also want to know in detail your reasons and opinions after making such a statement like that as well. IMHO once you informed Dave that his current tune could never pass emissions because of the other tuning vendor's inability, you pretty much already opened up a can of worms, so to speak. Therefore I think that Dave may have interpreted what you said to him about not wanting to comment in further detail about the other tuning vendor in question as a means of attempting to avoid his questions and concerns which could then leave the impression of giving the runaround. Needless to say, I really don't think it's asking too much in wanting to know what corrections would need to be made in order for my car to run properly or the ability to pass emissions testing. At any rate, perhaps I also misunderstood and misinterpreted what all was said as well. :shrug:

-Rocky

Last edited:

Forty61

forum member
Reaction score
Just an update for this for anyone interested or looking for information. I had my tune verified by a third party, they told me it was all good in terms of all sensors being on. I installed the defoulers, ran a solid drive cycle and took it in this morning to see what happens... and it passed. So problem solved, defoulers can definitely work if your tune is right.

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
Well, that's definitely good to know. At least now you know that your tune has been verified and that all sensors were turned on. Therefore it would appear that all you really needed to pass emissions was adding the non-foulers in which I'm glad really work. In the meantime, thanks for the update and congrats :waytogo:

Back